Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!” -- James Michener
A Torpedo In My Bunk????????
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2007-07-08 8:59 AM (#5152)

Master and Commander

Subject: A Torpedo In My Bunk????????

This would be the only time aboard the old boats that my rack would have to come down.  When a fish is loaded into the after torpedo room, the bunk directly below the loading hatch, high and center in the room known as the "Bridal Suite" is removed.  Normally that bunk remains undisturbed for all evolutions in the ATR.  As a senior controllerman, working 15 steps forward in the Manuvering Room, I claimed it as my own!  Thanks to one of our coconut bra girls, Dave Stoops - nuc electrician par excellence, for this photo.  Song by Sam Cooke - "Chain Gang" - enjoy!

http://www.usssealion.com/sealion/daily_picture.htm 

subvetss
Posted 2007-07-08 10:52 PM (#5190 - in reply to #5152)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: A Torpedo In My Bunk????????

Hey!!! That is a picture of torpedo loading on the Grampus SS523 taken by my brother Ken and I have the original. Posted it on Martini's board years ago.
Joe'the'Most
crystal
Posted 2007-07-09 8:14 AM (#5196 - in reply to #5152)

Master and Commander

Hey, if that's the case we all thank you too Joe!  Ain't the internet a wonderful place - I even get to see my own pictures come back at me with someone else's name credited for it - "that's" hard to take!
subvetss
Posted 2007-07-09 8:44 AM (#5198 - in reply to #5196)
Senior Crew

I don't mind at all John. I saw 2 different pictures of the grampus posted with someone elses credit that I have the originals of. One even showed the creases on the picture I have.
Oh well. Hey we saved the US from having to speak Russian. Who cares who gets credit right?
Joe'the'Most
Stoops
Posted 2007-07-09 9:07 AM (#5200 - in reply to #5198)
Master and Commander

I wasn't trying to claim credit...I sent John a bunch of pictures of diesel boats in response to a request and stated I had no idea where I got them all...

But I'm glad we know where that one came from....I can at least label the photo now.

Thanks for sharing it, Joe!
crystal
Posted 2007-07-09 9:40 AM (#5201 - in reply to #5200)

Master and Commander

Boys, boys, boys! (haven't said that since my two youngest were still at home about a thousand years ago) LOL...

Hey, the way I look at it, if a picture is on the internet ANYWHERE, it's available for copy as long as it is not represented as your own and for commercial purposes (which Dave did not, and I'm sure Joe knows this - right?) - now shake hands and come out dancing (oops) I mean something else - Dave (can't help myself)...

subvetss
Posted 2007-07-10 12:17 PM (#5278 - in reply to #5152)
Senior Crew

I don't have any problems with anyone. Certainly not Stoops. I have a post card from New London with a picture of the dive tower on it. I posted it 10 years ago on Matini's board and now see it all over the place. Doesn't bother me a bit. Any pictures I post are for anybody's use.
Joe'the'Most

(Testing Sanitary.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Testing Sanitary.jpg (55KB - 1178 downloads)
Park Dallis
Posted 2007-07-10 5:49 PM (#5289 - in reply to #5278)

Old Salt

Hey Joe,

Those look like your well-diving dungarees.  How'd you manage to keep them this long?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software