Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can't say anything bad about Doc Barboza; he cut my hair before I went ashore... and he cured my 'cold' when I came back." -- David Stevens, MM2(SS), USS Archerfish AGSS-311)
Tim Spoon . . .
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2014-11-28 6:35 PM (#73394)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Tim Spoon . . .

...Tim - I've been thinking about your granddaughter. Is she still in the military? What's happening with her?

My grandson arrived home for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, and he'll head back to school on Sunday. It was snowing and blowing when he drove home; Watertown (where he's going to school) is in the far horth east corner of South Dakota - next to the North Dakota - Minnesota line, the absolutely coldest area of South Dakota. It was in the 50s here today, and 22 in Watertown.

I'm a worrier. I just hate to have any of my family out on the road in the winter. I remember a terrible trip we made to Mitchell (not nearly as far as Watertown) when our daughter was going to school there.. The Interstate was solid ice. We saw a car go into the ditch ahead of us. When we arrived home after Thanksgiving, Joe asked me, "Well, do you want to go back for Christmas?"

I love both my children (and my grandchildren), but no, I didn't want to go back.

Can I ask all my friends here to keep Cam in their thoughts and prayers until he graduates in 2016?
Then I know he'll move back here.

Thanks,

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2014-11-28 6:36 PM
Bob Mahon
Posted 2014-11-28 7:44 PM (#73395 - in reply to #73394)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Tim Spoon . . .

You betcha !
Holland Club
Posted 2014-11-28 7:49 PM (#73396 - in reply to #73394)

Master and Commander

You go it from us.
Cheers,
Ron & Carol
TSpoon
Posted 2014-11-28 9:09 PM (#73397 - in reply to #73394)
Great Sage of the Sea

Cora, She got out a while back and is home. She doesn't talk about her experiences much. People bad mouth the drone flyers as being far removed from the 'action' but the oopposite is mostly true, she watched her munitions in flight and as they hit their targets, either a radar van or building, or human. They were trained to deal with the possibility of kids being in their target but to complete their mission. That is more of a mental stress than a lot of people think.

Thanks for asking,
Merry Christmas
Ralph Luther
Posted 2014-11-29 5:20 AM (#73398 - in reply to #73394)
COMSUBBBS

Cora, Cam will do just fine. He's a Marine and believe or not they trained him to think and take action.

Tim, I'm glad your Grandaughter is back and adjusting. Giver her a big hug for all of us.
Corabelle
Posted 2014-11-29 11:36 AM (#73402 - in reply to #73398)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Ralph -

That's almost exactly what his mother said (the Marine thing).

I'll be holding my breath until I hear they're back at Lake Area in Watertown.

He's studying to be a machinist like his dad. In fact, one of his 2nd year instructors graduated from Lake Area with his dad - and - Cam is working at the same machine ship that Troy did when he was going to school.

Cora
AtoZ
Posted 2014-11-29 11:52 AM (#73405 - in reply to #73394)

Great Sage of the Sea

Cora, if you get a chance better tell him, if he doesn't already know, that today's machine shops are nothing like those in his dad's day. They were like typewriters as compared to today's computers. He had better go on to studying current machines after he learns the mechanical fundamentals in an old manually controlled shop.
Corabelle
Posted 2014-11-29 6:22 PM (#73410 - in reply to #73405)

COMSUBBBS

I think that his dad would probably be the one to talk to him about this. His dad is still working, and I don't think he feels outdated.

Cora
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software