Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Modern nuclear submarines can travel faster submerged than they can on the surface. They can fully submerge in less than a minute.
New "Qualified" Sub Sailor
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2007-08-04 8:01 AM (#6108)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: New "Qualified" Sub Sailor

Man charged with illegally stockpiling manure

West Palm Beach, Florida — A Palm Beach County man is charged with having 15-foot-high mounds of horse manure on his property without a permit.

State officials say Walter Duque had stockpiled enough manure on his 5-acre property in Loxahatchee Groves to fill 1,000 dump trucks. He was cited for illegal manure composting.

Investigators say they believe Duque may have been accepting loads of horse manure from nearby communities, illegally composting the waste and selling it.

State environmental officials say they first received complaints in 2002. Duque was told to get the required permits for composting waste. It requires specific nutrient and stormwater management plans to protect ground and surface water.

Duque is a registered manure hauler in nearby Wellington.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-08-04 6:56 PM (#6140 - in reply to #6108)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: New "Qualified" Sub Sailor

Gary, are you certain of the man's name? I don't recognize it from either BBS that we frequent. Must be a lost Nuke sailor and most likely a skimmer at that. He could be one of these new MAA rated types or a worn out old BMC. Couldn't be anyone we know---could it?
GaryKC
Posted 2007-08-05 10:49 AM (#6161 - in reply to #6140)

COMSUBBBS

Yes Ralph, I also had my doubts as to his "qualbook" sigs. After extentsive research I was able to locate him, and after a long conversation I now feel he is indeed "Qualified". And while his piles are large, he assured me that they were not nearly as big as of some fellers in Waldorf, Maryland.
dex armstrong
Posted 2007-08-06 8:26 PM (#6220 - in reply to #6108)

COMSUBBBS

Gary, In SubRon Six, Bull dooky and Horse pucky were the authorized standard of currency....the commodities upon which our "in port" and "at sea...or underway" monetary system was based. The par value of the COW PIE, the equivalent of the US Dollar was measured in increments of 100 cat craps, in establishing its' par value for international trade and quotations on the New York Stock Exchange and DOW Jones. BS swaps were all made in seedy beer joints under the guise of recounting historical sub service incidents...such exchanges were called,"telling sea stories". The Smokeboat Service NEVER diluted the standard....Large bags of COW PIES were hauled into Bells every night and exchanges lasting until closing time when Bells provided fork lifts and wheel barrows to convey the nights' produced loads back to Pier 22. Chief Petty Officers required trucks and front end loaders. Even though diesel powered submarines did not have the carrying capacity of the great big nookler fertillizer haulers...we carried a far greater quantity because we had Torpedomen and Enginemen like Roche and Hemming. Hemming was the Bill Gates of the horse manure trade and Roche had to move from New Jersey to Delaware because of massive sea story conversion created a nitrate accumulation problem. Most accumulated diesel boat fortunes have a substantial par value when measured in COW PIES. Thanks Gary for this opportunity to explain and further amplify Smokeboat economics and standards of exchange. DEX
Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-08-06 8:39 PM (#6221 - in reply to #6108)
COMSUBBBS

Gary, you are 100% correct as can be confirmed by the verbage that Dex has layered out for all to see.
I stand corrected.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software