Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!” -- James Michener
Oh the horror!
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2017-03-10 9:33 AM (#82595)
Master and Commander

Subject: Oh the horror!

They have discovered that Marines, Sailors and Soldiers will share photos of naked or partially naked women. Both service members and none service members. Did I miss something? I recall when going through an Uncle's mementos from the Pacific Campaign in WWII coming across pictures of Army Nurses showering, and it was obvious they knew the picture was being taken by the waves and poses. So is this some kind of new thing? I seem to recollect some pictures on the sub too, and we were the most clean spirited, wholesome guys there were. 
Runner485
Posted 2017-03-10 9:45 AM (#82596 - in reply to #82595)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Oh the horror!

Back in the dark ages, those evil, degenerate electricians would hang Playboy Playmate photos inside the cubicle doors in maneuvering room, for all to peruse and imagine the possibilities as they passed from M.R. to the eng rm.
The pics were taken down only for a inspection...

GaryKC
Posted 2017-03-10 10:03 AM (#82597 - in reply to #82595)

COMSUBBBS

I was told that looking at that sorta stuff would cause hair to grow on yer palms.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-03-10 11:23 AM (#82598 - in reply to #82595)

Master and Commander

We had a no nude photo policy aboard the 600 with a particular skipper. One of our TMs had an 8x10 photo of his wife stuck to the top of his rack (our mini bedroom) which she had left little to the imagination. During inspection the CO discovered same and was putting the TM on report. The TM said we were allowed to keep pictures of wives and girl friends so what's the issue. I never saw the CO come close to bursting a blood vessel until the TM took out a wallet photo (the same as the 8x10) with his wife's message on the back. So the CO read the message and was totally hermitile. The message was more suggestive than the photo. He did have it taken down along with all photos. Needless to say the TM was not the most popular. But for awhile he was hero for a day since this CO was not the most popular we'd had.
Ric
Posted 2017-03-10 11:55 AM (#82599 - in reply to #82595)

Plankowner

When heading out on patrol the guys in the air house would tape up all the "girly" pics and any new ones. After the first day, one by one, almost the whole wardroom would make and "inspection" of the torpedo room and air house ensuring everything was OK. Air house was tiny torpedo room huge. Guess where most of the "inspection" was held.
Heading into port the "gallery" was taken down for safety.
steamboat
Posted 2017-03-11 5:07 AM (#82600 - in reply to #82595)
Master and Commander

I ask absolution for making a "political" post, however, why is it OK for the CIC to brag about picking girls up by the p***y, and yet an E3 cannot post a naked picture????

Steamboat sends
Thomas Courtien
Posted 2017-03-11 5:46 AM (#82601 - in reply to #82595)
Master and Commander

On one boat, there was a guy who had a scrap book of nudes. He was an MT; but also, the ship's photographer.

Somehow he got civilian women to pose for him and he had this scrap book.

They were B&W and he developed them in nuke lab on the boat.

A few of the ladies looked like bar maids in town.

It was a tightly held secret in the Weapons Dept.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2017-03-11 8:01 AM (#82603 - in reply to #82600)
COMSUBBBS

Well Steamboat he wasn't CIC at the time the comment was said to have taken place.
chiefjoe
Posted 2017-03-16 7:08 PM (#82626 - in reply to #82603)
Senior Crew

Most laws passed by congress are normally written to exempt congress.
Pedro
Posted 2017-03-17 7:31 AM (#82633 - in reply to #82626)

COMSUBBBS

Well here he seems to speak very highly of you guys. Best read it before another judge somewhere slaps an injunction on it.

Pedro
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2017-03-17 7:51 AM (#82634 - in reply to #82595)
Master and Commander

I am not going to touch that last line with a ten foot pole. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software