Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can't say anything bad about Doc Barboza; he cut my hair before I went ashore... and he cured my 'cold' when I came back." -- David Stevens, MM2(SS), USS Archerfish AGSS-311)
Sunday Obits
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2017-04-23 5:16 PM (#82885)
Plankowner

Subject: Sunday Obits

COPPICK, The Reverend Dr. Glendon Cleon, 91, a longtime rector of Owensboro's Trinity Episcopal Church, died Tuesday, April 18, 2017, surrounded by his family. He served as rector from 1959 until his retirement in 1991 and was instrumental in founding the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity and Hospice of Western Kentucky. He was born March 18, 1926, in Oklahoma, to Clarence C. Coppick and Gertie (Spears) Coppick. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Jack Coppick. He graduated from Texas Christian University in 1952 and earned his Master’s from the Church Divinity School of the Pacific in 1955. In 1987, he completed a Doctorate in Theology from San Francisco Theological Seminary. He was ordained to the priesthood in 1955 and founded Good Shepherd Church in Dallas, Texas, serving there as pastor until moving to Owensboro in 1959. He served as Trustee of the University of the South at Sewanee, was Assistant Professor at Brescia College (1970-79) and served on the Episcopal Diocesan Standing Committee. During World War II he served in the submarine service of the U.S. Navy 1944-46 [Blackfish, Seadragon]. In short, he served... He is survived by his wife of sixty-two years Shirley Jane (Pederson) Coppick, his brother Don and sister-in-law Pat, his children Stephen, Chris, and Mary, and his grandchilden Jennifer and Leah. Buried at Owensboro Memorial Gardens.

TRUEBLOOD, William E., CAPT, USN, Ret., 87, of Annapolis, MD passed on March 6, 2017. Bill was born in Bloomington, Indiana on January 16, 1930, the son of Raymond and Hazel Trueblood. He attended Indiana University for two years prior to entering the U.S. Naval Academy, where he graduated with distinction in 1953. He also received a Master's Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, and the Professional Degree, Naval Engineer from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1958. He qualified in Submarines aboard the USS Quillback (SS-424) in 1960. Bill retired in 1982 after proudly serving the US Navy and his country for 29 years. Following retirement, Bill spent the next 16 years working for Ram Corporation, Martin Marietta, Annapolis Travel and Anne Arundel Community College until ultimately spending his remaining years with his beloved wife Karen. He is survived by Karen, his wife of 63 years, three sons, Thomas, James and John, one daughter, Karen along with 11 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. A memorial service will be held at the U.S. Naval Academy Chapel at 2:00pm on April 27, 2017. Following the service, Bill will be entombed at the U.S. Naval Academy columbarium on the Academy grounds. A reception will immediate follow at the Class of '53 deck inside Dahlgren Hall. All are welcome to attend. Published in The Capital Gazette on Apr. 23, 2017

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software