Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: United States Submarines destroyed a total of 1,314 Japanese ships during World War II, including one battleship, eight aircraft carriers, fifteen cruisers, forty-two destroyers, and twenty-three submarines. Against this score, fifty-two U.S. Submarines were lost.
Sirago Reunion
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2017-07-10 4:14 AM (#84395)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Sirago Reunion

In a week from this Thursday, I'm headed to Cleveland for my 1st reunion in 8 years. It's been that long since my stroke. Were gonna visit the COD and the Rock n Roll hall of Fame. It's a 7.5 hour drive according to Google. I'd rather drive then have to deal with the TSA and all their bullcrap, and I'm not a fan of driving that many hours in one day. But when I considered, a 2 hour drive to the airport. Another 2 hours waiting for the flight, then the flight...about 1.5-2 hours the drive doesn't seem too bad.
Looking forward to seeing some of the enginemen I shared part of my life with. I find it amazing that these shipmates have a special hold on me these many years later and that I want to see them yet again. We're old men now, but when we get together, at least in the last few reunions I attended, it was like the years fell away and we were young again. At least in the telling of no s**tters.
PaulR
Posted 2017-07-10 6:14 AM (#84396 - in reply to #84395)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Sirago Reunion

GOOD LUCK JOE, have a great time.

I'll be in touch for a full report of the area and facilities.  We (SS407) are considering the same site.

Paul
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-07-10 3:31 PM (#84397 - in reply to #84395)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Sirago Reunion

I Used to drive to Cleveland after I got sick of flying there. Made many a drive there with Turnpike all the way. The tolls are a bit high but the back roads are not in the cards. Have a good reunion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software