Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Three wives of Presidents of the United States have sponsored submarines. Mrs. Dwight D. Eisenhower christened the USS NAUTILUS, Mrs. John F. Kennedy christened the USS LAFAYETTE and Mrs. Hillary Clinton christened the USS Columbia SSN771 in 1995.
Bernie is Loose in America
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2017-07-18 4:03 PM (#84459)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Bernie is Loose in America

I'm sure you all remember Bernie, the stoker, who was subject to being accident prone. He suffered numerous physical injuries mainly from various primates, the odd kangaroo and a poisonous spider while on vacation in Australia. The last time I heard from him a swarm of hornets had attacked him leaving him with anaphylactic shock that he luckily survived.

Despite his advancing years and past record of bad luck, I have just been informed by his son Steve, that Bernie has managed to surpass even himself, but this time on your side of the pond. He and his wife were on a driving holiday through Wyoming and taking in the sights of Yellowstone Park, a week ago. While in Mammoth Springs they saw a herd of moose grazing and resting on some grassy areas near the fort. Not satisfied with just taking photos, Bernie decided to approach a female lying on the grass and attempted to try and stroke her. At this point a 1,000 pound lump of jealous bull moose moved towards Bernie butting him in the chest leaving him unconscious. Bystanders were able to drag him away and after treatment from local staff he eventually came around winded and a little worse for wear with two broken ribs.

His son, tells me Bernie. and his long suffering mother are currently resting up in the town of Gardiner, Montana, before resuming their trip back into the park to see Old Faithful. Knowing Bernie's track record I hope he has more luck with geysers than he does with animals. and that he doesn't get scalded getting too close to that famous landmark. I know it's serious and he seems to have more lives than a cat, but I'm sitting here biting my cheek to keep from laughing just thinking about it. Send him back home before he causes himself more grief.

Pedro

Edited by Pedro 2017-07-18 4:08 PM
Ralph Luther
Posted 2017-07-18 5:06 PM (#84460 - in reply to #84459)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Bernie is Loose in America

In Yellowstone there are a bunch of different geysers and bubbling mud pits along with many variety of 4 legged wild life. I imagine Ole Bernie will have plenty of stories to tell if & when he makes it home.
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2017-07-18 5:08 PM (#84461 - in reply to #84460)

Master and Commander

I've been to Gardiner, Montana, guys. The biggest physical thing in the whole town is the high school football field.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2017-07-18 5:35 PM (#84462 - in reply to #84459)
Master and Commander

In Alaska, Moose are considered more of a hazard to human life than bears. Now if he will just not pose with the Buffalo, he might survive. By the way, didn't someone recently fall into one of the geysers?

Runner485
Posted 2017-07-19 5:48 AM (#84463 - in reply to #84459)

COMSUBBBS

As I'm reading this I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief, wondering if he stoked too many boilers in his day!
GaryKC
Posted 2017-07-19 6:16 AM (#84464 - in reply to #84459)

COMSUBBBS

Seems the need to stroke dangerous things in foreign lands is all the rage nowadays. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software