Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "No one has done more to prevent conflict - no one has made a greater sacrifice for the cause for Peace - than you, America's proud missile submarine family. You stand tall among our heroes of the Cold War.” -- Gen. Colin Powell
USS Cod Museum visit
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2017-07-24 5:38 AM (#84509)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: USS Cod Museum visit

I returned home yesterday from my reunion and our visit to the Cod. It is in unbelievable shape and very well kept. It was a pleasure visiting it.

But I believe the hatches are much smaller in diameter then the boat I served on and for some reason the ladders going down the torpedo rooms were much steeper too.

The Cod Base crew treated us to a Bar-B-Que and all of us engineroom guys had a wonderful experience. I wanted to meet Paul Farace who was around but I was unable to find him. I did congratulate the crew on the fine work they do in the upkeep of Cod.

We tried to visit the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame which was a very short walk form Cod, but it was Saturday and the city was holding a few different fund raisers and it was so crowed that we decided not to test our capacity to mingle with what seemed like a few million people...

All in all our reunion was a resounding success...
Ric
Posted 2017-07-24 6:18 AM (#84510 - in reply to #84509)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: USS Cod Museum visit

Did you happen to run into a guy named Fritz? He and I put Flasher in commission.
Great boat in great shape.
Runner485
Posted 2017-07-24 6:33 AM (#84511 - in reply to #84510)

COMSUBBBS

Sorry Ric,
There were so many Cod guys their I wouldn't know if I met him or not, though I did speak to many of them...
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2017-07-24 9:11 AM (#84512 - in reply to #84511)

Master and Commander

I have family in Cleveland, and on the way home from a Torsk work weekend, I flew in. I decided to drop by the Cod just to take a gander, and made the mistake of wearing my Torsk Bandits t-shirt. Fitz, upon seeing the tee, immediately put a paint scraper in my hand and pointed to a section that needed scraping. So much for the tour of the boat.

I wonder about the status of the two Fairbanks Morse diesels the Cod has in storage. I believe they got them from a scrapped tug boat. Anyone hear about them lately?
Ric
Posted 2017-07-24 9:12 AM (#84513 - in reply to #84511)

Plankowner

Ya couldn'ta missed him, he's an oldfart...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software