Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first Japanese prisoner of war captured by the Americans was Kazuo Sakamaki, an ensign in the Imperial Japanese Navy. He was captured on the morning of December 7, 1941. Sakamaki had set an explosive charge to destroy his disabled submarine, which had been trapped on Waimanalo Beach. When the explosives failed to go off, he swam to the bottom of the submarine to investigate the cause of the failure and became unconscious due to a lack of oxygen. Sakamaki was found by a Hawaiian soldier, David Akui, and was taken into military custody. When he awoke, he found himself in a hospital under American armed guard. After the war he returned to Japan and found work with the Toyota Motor Corporation before retiring in 1987. Sakamaki died on November 29, 1999, aged 81.
Report from Stoops
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2017-08-30 11:43 AM (#84904)

Plankowner

Subject: Report from Stoops

" nice and sunny waters receding. Scotch, food in supply. Terry had to change her flight to Friday. Hopefully by Friday evening the low spots at Hobby airport exit will be dry. Need to see if Hobby and IAH are open. Kids are all fine and dry."
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-08-30 3:42 PM (#84905 - in reply to #84904)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Report from Stoops

Good to hear. I'd guess my old place at 555 Palm in Beaumont didn't fare so well. Saw a lot of water around the stadium at Lamar. Be well.
Ric
Posted 2017-08-30 5:59 PM (#84906 - in reply to #84905)

Plankowner

If I remember correctly the place Chainfall, the late John Pryzbyla, use to live in Beaumont was fairly low and he and Jeannie were hard hit in the last hurricane. I'm sure it is swamped too.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-08-31 7:26 AM (#84908 - in reply to #84906)

Master and Commander

You're correct about John living in Beaumont. They told me one time that the street I lived on was technically only 3ft above high tide. I saw a brief scene at Lamar's stadium that looked to be flooded. My place was a 1/2 mile West. I haven't heard a word about the towns between Beaumont and Pt. Arthur eg; Nederland. That place is right next to the Neches river as is downtown Beaumont. They have no power or fresh water in Beaumont now. There's a few refineries by the Neches that are shut down. Gas prices are going up quickly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software