Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Dollar for dollar and man for man, the submarine is the country's most economical weapon. Comprising only 1.6 percent of the Navy's World War II personnel, the submarine service accounted for 55 percent of all enemy shipping destroyed.
another uniform change
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fortyrod
Posted 2017-09-16 6:21 AM (#85083)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: another uniform change

oops, already made this rant previously

Edited by fortyrod 2017-09-16 6:23 AM
GaryKC
Posted 2017-09-16 6:53 AM (#85084 - in reply to #85083)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: another uniform change

fortyrod
Posted 2017-09-16 8:43 AM (#85086 - in reply to #85084)
Great Sage of the Sea

Once in awhile, you make me chuckle
Gil
Posted 2017-09-16 1:57 PM (#85091 - in reply to #85083)
Master and Commander

I wonder the reasoning  behind these uniform changes that get universally slammed by us and most veterans I interface with.

In college football  I see some of these glitzy uniforms put out by Nike in college football for individual games.  Many I find unappealing, especially when it affects traditional teams I appreciate.  Last year I saw Ohio State come out in a black uniform for a big game - I was surprised they even kept the buckeyes. Podunk U can wear anything they want, I saw the  same thing last year with the Army Navy game, it was a fashion parade with designer helmets.  It didn't appeal to me, but it must to some.

I was watching a sports program  and they were interviewing a successful big time college football head coach.  He's not a youngster anymore and they asked him about these glitzy uniforms and he just shrugged.  He told the host that when he is in the home of these kids the uniforms are a very  big deal to the kids these days.  Right up there with will they start, and how many times will they be on national television.

That surprised me, and made me wonder if that's partly responsible for these military uniform changes that keep getting funded and approved.  As much as I don't understand it the kids this coach is trying to recruit are in the the same age and mindset the military is after.

Other than that I have no way of understanding it.

Edited by Gil 2017-09-16 2:15 PM
Bob T
Posted 2017-09-17 2:35 PM (#85121 - in reply to #85083)

Senior Crew

Was issued a flat hat in boot camp. Soon thereafter it was deleted as a uniform item. That was my "uniform change" over 8 years.
mike652
Posted 2017-09-18 4:47 AM (#85126 - in reply to #85091)
Great Sage of the Sea

Gil - 2017-09-16 4:57 PM

I wonder the reasoning  behind these uniform changes that get universally slammed by us and most veterans I interface with.

The AD types I interfaced with like the current work uniform. Those of us who would never be in the position to wear a uniform different than that we wore when active really have no say other than an uninformed opinion.
When I was serving we had the "utilities" working uniform. It was not liked and never fully implemented before returning to dungarees. We also were given a new dress uniform when the "Cracker Jacks" were replaced. Those also were not well received and the "Cracker Jacks" were brought back (just as I made Chief).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software