Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first Japanese prisoner of war captured by the Americans was Kazuo Sakamaki, an ensign in the Imperial Japanese Navy. He was captured on the morning of December 7, 1941. Sakamaki had set an explosive charge to destroy his disabled submarine, which had been trapped on Waimanalo Beach. When the explosives failed to go off, he swam to the bottom of the submarine to investigate the cause of the failure and became unconscious due to a lack of oxygen. Sakamaki was found by a Hawaiian soldier, David Akui, and was taken into military custody. When he awoke, he found himself in a hospital under American armed guard. After the war he returned to Japan and found work with the Toyota Motor Corporation before retiring in 1987. Sakamaki died on November 29, 1999, aged 81.
Pedro...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2018-01-02 4:14 AM (#87209)

Master and Commander

Subject: Pedro...

G'day mate,
I see on FACEBOOK you posted 'I would like to know how to close my account' which I am assuming you are talking about your personal Facebook account?   If so, I posted an answer there for you, but here it is also...
Pedro...if you are wanting to close your Facebook account you have to go to the small downward pointing arrow at the top bar of the facebook page, got to Settings...then go to Manage Settings and on that page it will have Deactivate My Account'
Happy New Year to you (Y)
So that is how you do it....
Blue *_*

Pedro
Posted 2018-01-02 11:38 AM (#87212 - in reply to #87209)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Pedro...

Hi! Blue,

Thank you for your assistance. I do want to close my account which was only opened in the first place to cease constant nagging to "get with it" from my three grand daughters. I had searched the site for a cancellation section but couldn't find one so entered my message into what looked like a message/query box to the webmaster asking for direction. I didn't receive an answer from him/her, but my simple question seems to have gone viral to an entire world of contacts for no apparent reason.

Basically this is why I dislike Face Book so much. I have no desire to know the ins and outs of every instance in someone else's lifestyle, anymore than they should be remotely interested in my every move. Different strokes for different folks I know, but currently, I have enough major domestic problems going on here as it is, that keep me fully occupied in dealing with them daily. But once again, thanks for your welcome advice which was very helpful. Happy New Year to you and Tamara, mate, here's trusting you both have a good 'un.

Regards Aye

Pedro

Edited by Pedro 2018-01-02 11:47 AM
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2018-01-02 7:06 PM (#87215 - in reply to #87212)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Pedro...

No worries mate....the reason it went to all ends of the world is because you posted it on your page for your friends to see...no matter what sleepy hollow they reside in.  *_*
I am coming to England, just me, Tamara is going to India with her Mum....hence why I am going elsewhere! lol
My cousins evidently are going to see Brighton play Everton on the 10th of March, in Liverpool...so, if you are free and would like to catch up for a drink somewhere it would be good to do so.  I will fill you in with more info closer to the time.
We are going to Scotland for 4 days, my cousin will fly home back to Brighton on the 8th? and I will head to Preston and see my childhood friends, then Liverpool.
Cheers
Blue *_*
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software