Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS GEORGE WASHINGTON, the world's first ballistic missile nuclear powered submarine, constructed in record time, set a record of its own by remaining submerged 67 days on its initial Polaris missile deterrent patrol in the Atlantic.
Nothing could be finer (snowier) ....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2018-01-03 3:58 PM (#87236)

Plankowner

Subject: Nothing could be finer (snowier) ....

...over 40 degrees and sunny here in the PNW.
How ya doing Ralph? You got a snow shovel?
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2018-01-04 2:43 AM (#87237 - in reply to #87236)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Nothing could be finer (snowier) ....

Ralph, I believe the Hoochee Koochee dancer with the coconut bra from the Northwest coast is attempting to ping on you about some snow which may have shown up in your neighborhood. Now we all know you allowed it so the Grandkids could entertain you with their joy and antics without requiring a trip North to find the cold white stuff. We were twelve miles to the North west of the snow and ice. My Granddaughter was very disappointed. At least you made sure yours got to enjoy it. Be well, don't strain yourself shoveling and just sit back and watch out the window with a Single Malt in hand.
Thomas Courtien
Posted 2018-01-04 6:07 AM (#87239 - in reply to #87236)
Master and Commander

I had a sister and a brother who moved, with their spouses, to the Charleston SC area last summer. From their reports, it sounds like old man winter followed them.

I was in Damneck VA A school for a two inch snow fall once; no classes for 2 days.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2018-01-04 6:33 AM (#87240 - in reply to #87237)
COMSUBBBS

Ya know Walt there must be something in the water up there in the Northwest that causes people to freak out. Take for instance, there is that worn-out old pharte of a CPO. Then there is Patti that throws fits now and again of "YA CAN"T GET TO ME" on Facebook afew times a week and now Ric stepping in with his 2 cents worth while being a closet hula dancer.
True, we did have a bit off the wintery mess yesterday and some still hanging around today. Melting is taking place as I type. Mother Nature does throw us a curve every now and again just so we remain very thankful for the beautiful weather we normally have. Yes, nothing can be finer than to be in Carolina..........
Being A-J Squared away DBFer that I am, YA CAN"T GET TO ME!!!!
Ric
Posted 2018-01-04 9:03 AM (#87242 - in reply to #87240)

Plankowner

No closet dancer. I love dancing. I've never made any bones about it. I dance many types of dancing though the hula is not my best.
Now, A few inches here, like on Christmas is no big deal that happens about every winter and once you leave the lowlands is very common in the foothills, (only a few miles away) and the mountains. Snow is no stranger like in Ralphies area. I was just worried he might panic seeing this "foreign" matter falling from the sky. Who knows he might have thought it ice cream and tried to eat his way out of his house. We, on the other hand are only a few miles from an area where world record snows fall. I'm sure you've heard of skiing? Well this area is also a world class ski area and they had to close because of too much snow. The ski lifts were dragging in the snow. Topography is our bain, steep hills do make it trickier. So the PNW though often made fun of by others does see winter weather on a regular basis where as our Georgia peach, Ralphie, may have gone into a panic. It was only concern for the less fortunate....
GaryKC
Posted 2018-01-04 10:05 AM (#87244 - in reply to #87236)

COMSUBBBS

Here in Kansas City, we have snowfall, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my shovel works!
Ralph Luther
Posted 2018-01-04 10:35 AM (#87245 - in reply to #87244)
COMSUBBBS

Gary, here we have a very simple solution that snow/"stuff". Nature brought it and Nature takes it away.
Don Gentry
Posted 2018-01-04 2:44 PM (#87247 - in reply to #87244)

Admin

<< snicker >>
Doc Gardner
Posted 2018-01-05 12:57 PM (#87261 - in reply to #87236)

Master and Commander

Just a dusting of snow here in Washington, MO for Christmas. Most of it is gone except for the shady areas around the house. Been pinging on my Michigan buddies who are getting dumped on everyday with that white stuff. We might get some and if we do we'll head to Florida. Don't miss that crap at all.
Palm Bay Ken
Posted 2018-01-05 8:14 PM (#87268 - in reply to #87261)

Great Sage of the Sea

No snow here in Palm Bay, Florida, but we did get a bit of frost last night.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2018-01-06 4:14 AM (#87269 - in reply to #87236)
Master and Commander

Do you need some Iguana recipes? I hear you can just go and pick them up. Didn't you Florida folks want to work on these invasive species? Seems like a good time to do it.
Palm Bay Ken
Posted 2018-01-06 8:06 AM (#87272 - in reply to #87269)

Great Sage of the Sea

Haven't seen any Iguanas in my neighborhood yet. I think you need to go a hundred miles or so to the south.
Now if anyone has a good recipe for armadillo stew, pass it on. Plenty of them around.
rover177
Posted 2018-01-06 1:46 PM (#87275 - in reply to #87236)
Master and Commander

Ric - over 40 and sunny here; that is, the other 40 - the hotter one. Expecting many fires around the State today.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software