Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In a fraction of a second they are projected into eternity and will never possess a final resting home.They have graves without bodies, they are an exceptional breed of people....It is of utmost pride to me to have met these men, those lords that I salute, praise and admire. - Winston Churchill on Clearance Divers September 1944
For Blue and Doc's benefit.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2018-03-14 9:42 PM (#87898)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For Blue and Doc's benefit.

At last a solution to that long 58 letter place name that only the Welsh seemed able to pronounce. Here a Welsh guy, Paul Damian, takes you through the learning curve on how to say it. So here you go, give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXKsQ2nbno

I have great respect for the Welsh. They are a fiercely tough, patriotic people determined to keep their own ancient culture and language. When the Romans invaded, they tried hard to subdue the Welsh, but their legions got their asses kicked back beyond their borders. In turn the English built an iron ring of castles to try and contain them but when they rebelled that didn't work either. Love to hear their anthem played at international rugby matches. Take a look at their rugby team. Bad enough facing them on the field of play, but you wouldn't want to meet any of them up a dark alley. Did I mention the Welsh can also sing really well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFQ6EmkTrDg

Pedro

Edited by Pedro 2018-03-14 9:50 PM
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2018-03-14 11:39 PM (#87899 - in reply to #87898)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: For Blue and Doc's benefit.

Is it true that the more of the Scots gift one imbibes, the easier it is to pronounce? 
geno
Posted 2018-03-15 8:42 AM (#87900 - in reply to #87898)
Old Salt

Pedro, great tune. You're right, he has a great voice. I watched it four times and I think I'm getting pretty close. But alas, if I was there some Welshman would look at me and say - yeah, close, close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Doc Gardner
Posted 2018-03-16 8:52 AM (#87907 - in reply to #87898)

Master and Commander

My mother had a beautiful singing voice and sang in local choirs and glee clubs when I was a kid. We could usually hear her singing around the house and from her I developed my love of music; singing and musical instruments.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software