Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SEAWOLF join the Electric Boat built USS NAUTILUS and SKATE in writing new chapters in the achievements of man when the nuclear powered submarine came to the surface at 11:45 a.m. on October 6, 1958 after being continuously submerged for 60 days.
Cowboy in a bar
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

GaryKC
Posted 2018-03-22 2:06 PM (#87959)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Cowboy in a bar

A cowboy walks into a bar in Texas and orders three beers. He then sits at the bar, drinking a sip out of each glass in turn.

This goes on for a few weeks until the bartender says, "You know, beer goes flat after pouring - why don't you just buy them one at a time?"

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers: one is in Arizona, the other is in Colorado. When they left our home we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So, I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way, but one day, he comes in and only orders two beers. The room falls silent, but eventually the bartender says, "Look, I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks puzzled for a moment, but then he laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains, "I've given up drinking."

Next door to the bar,

A little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp, "Excuthe me, mithter, do you keep wittle wabbits?"

The shopkeeper bends down to her level, smiling, "Do you want a wittle white wabby or a soft and fuwwy bwack wabby, or maybe one like that cute wittle bwown wabby over there?"

The little girl leans forward and whispers, "I don't fink my pyfon really giveths a thit."

Edited by GaryKC 2018-03-22 2:19 PM
Holland Club
Posted 2018-03-22 9:08 PM (#87960 - in reply to #87959)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Cowboy in a bar

Duly forwarded. Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software