Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: During their wartime operations submarines have engaged in some unusual maritime actions. One undersea craft slugged it out with the infantry and field artillery while other submarines destroyed a zeppelin, a bus, and a railroad train.
Russian Subs
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fortyrod
Posted 2018-04-02 4:06 AM (#88036)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Russian Subs

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-could-enemies-sabotage-undersea-cables-linking-the-world-2018-3
Pedro
Posted 2018-04-02 11:46 AM (#88041 - in reply to #88036)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Russian Subs

Ian,

Despite supposedly searching for the Argentinean boat in the South Atlantic with their much vaunted technology, the Russians don't appear to be having much success in finding it. But I am inclined to think they are up to no good in that area and laying the preparatory groundwork for future attacks on world wide internet communications. After our experience of their antics during the Cold War, as allies we should surely have anticipated what they are up to and had plans in store to forestall their operations. There again, most of our present-day politicians were in primary school or kindergarten at that time, so what would they know? They may have read about it but continue to carelessly ignore quite recent history at our mutual peril.

Pedro
Ric
Posted 2018-04-02 11:55 AM (#88042 - in reply to #88041)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Russian Subs

I'm pretty sure you are 100% correct. Cold War never really ended and I trust the Chinese about as far as the Russians. It is all about "what is in it for them" and "How can I dominate!"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software