Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Three wives of Presidents of the United States have sponsored submarines. Mrs. Dwight D. Eisenhower christened the USS NAUTILUS, Mrs. John F. Kennedy christened the USS LAFAYETTE and Mrs. Hillary Clinton christened the USS Columbia SSN771 in 1995.
Sundays Song's
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2018-07-14 7:19 PM (#89668)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Sundays Song's

Some duets this weekend. First up is an excellent track from Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Ellis (sounded just like Elvis) singing the Hank Williams classic, "Cold, Cold Heart." Second is Johnny Duncan and Janie Fricke with "Thinking of a Rendezvous." Last is Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra doing "Summer Wine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQoR6BNnOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HVfZNwM7ZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiISrw2GTXE

Pedro
Pedro
Posted 2018-07-18 3:11 PM (#89688 - in reply to #89668)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Sundays Song's

Not much response to last weeks choices and that surprises me a little, especially for the last two tracks. I know this is a family BBS but let's be honest who hasn't ever thought about resurrecting an old intimate relationship, illicit or otherwise? I never actually followed through with any, not because I was scared, but because I valued what I already had a lot more. So no paragon of virtue here because it did cross my mind a couple of times down over the years with parties of sensual interest.

The Rendezvous track is also familiar. In this instance, the victim was a cowboy, but could quite easily have been a sailor who got rolled. As a baby sailor (with no silver spurs but a wallet) this also happened to me too. That was until I wised up, either from experience or advice from older shipmates to those devious ladies of the night LOL.

Pedro
Bob Mahon
Posted 2018-07-18 11:13 PM (#89690 - in reply to #89668)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Sundays Song's

My friend,
I, too, have been victim to more than a few temptations (not the Group) and bear more than a few simple (though not life changing) regrets.
But, I was single then and a Submariner in the DBF era.
You're contributions are excellent, regardless of other's insensitivities or hesitancy to offer comment.

As my signature states; "Carry on, REGARDLESS". Consequences be damned !

Love ya, Mate, and hope to see you soon on your side of the Pond.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software