Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "These dolphins, once you pin them on your chest, leave deep marks, right over your heart, long after the uniforms have been put away.” -- Bud F. Turner ex-MT2(SS)
Trick or Treat
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fortyrod
Posted 2018-10-20 4:54 AM (#90438)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Trick or Treat

I was chatting with a "sweet" old lady in the post office. She lives in the hamlet. Says she's going to close her blinds and turn off her lights on Halloween. Why saith I ? Her reply was, because;
a.) "Some kids don't even put on a costume." Well maybe Their parents won't buy them one. Maybe the child's parents wont take any interest in him and help him build one.
b.) "Some kids wont even say Trick or treat". Well maybe the child is shy or autistic.
c.)" Some times they come by the car load and in large groups." Well duh ! It's always more fun for kids when there in a group. Gee whiz, there having fun.
d.)" All they want is candy." No shi*t! It's Halloween. Do you think there asking for ham sandwiches?

I hope I never become a crankmiester
GaryKC
Posted 2018-10-20 6:10 AM (#90439 - in reply to #90438)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Trick or Treat

(inside.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments inside.jpg (148KB - 610 downloads)
rover177
Posted 2018-10-20 2:07 PM (#90446 - in reply to #90438)
Master and Commander

To be fair to the 'sweet' old lady, I will agree some attitudes have changed. It is their 'right' to have the reward but nothing to earn the reward has to be done. I have seen abuse to some elderly because the 'gift' was not to the required standard. Even when I lived in California in the 90s to 2004, there was a very noticeable change.
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2018-10-20 2:34 PM (#90448 - in reply to #90438)
Master and Commander

Around here the so called Trick or Tr-eater's

Select the better neighborhoods to hit. They will travel miles to get to where the pickings are better.

They travel in gangs, not bunches

I have seen older groups rip off the other kids. Called the Sheriff as getting involved would be a lot more trouble than it is worth. Even with Video footage, I have nine cameras, the Sheriff says they can't do much because the younger kids won't talk.

The local kids are intimidated

The parents of some of these kids try to intimidate the home owners

I suspect they are also casing some of the homes from the way they swarm the area. My dogs tend to keep them at bay

Funny how the lawn equipment thefts increase the week after the holiday. 

Sorry, but this practice has taken the fun out of it. Now local Church's and Fire Departments hold Fall festivals. Some because they believe Halloween is the Devils day, others because they want the kids safe.

The local law enforcement round up all the known sex offenders for the night

Hospitals X-ray the candy because of pins and adulteration

It is what it has become, not anything like it once was

Shame, but true

JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2018-10-20 6:31 PM (#90450 - in reply to #90438)

Master and Commander

I turn the lights off and don't answer the door. Years ago I got some "CRIME SCENE" tape from a cop friend. I used to put that up, and it stopped most from even coming on the lawn. I know most of the kids on the street - not that many of them. The neighborhood seems to be flooded with kids - many more than live on the street.

Edited by JrKrup, Skimmer 2018-10-20 6:33 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software