Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A typical modern submarine may require as many as 2,000 working drawings for the more than 7,000,000 items used in its construction. Blueprints from these drawings if placed end to end would make a strip 250 miles long.
Cribbage Games
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2007-09-25 8:01 AM (#7806)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Cribbage Games

Yep! I haven't seen anyone play that game since I left the navy 43 years ago and here were a bunch of guys and gals with said boards up and running. I watched in the same amazement now as I did back when and still have no idea how the hell to play the game....But it bought back fond memories.
RCK
Posted 2007-09-25 8:22 AM (#7807 - in reply to #7806)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Cribbage Games

It was the game of choice......other than "grab ass".......that was played on Gudgeon by the Chiefs,First Class, and Officers. The rest of us "Second Class and below" had to work!!!
Tom McNulty
Posted 2007-09-25 9:20 AM (#7809 - in reply to #7806)

Master and Commander

You can be sure that Cribbage is a New England game. Nobody ever heard of it south of Conn unless they were either in the military or had a relative in the service. I played it a lot and lost some change in the process. If two guys are fast players the money can really fly. I haven't played in so long I have no finesse left at all. Not that I was anywhere near a prodigy originally. How's that go, fifteen two fifteen four there ain't no more. Can't make a street in one hand.
PaulR
Posted 2007-09-25 2:21 PM (#7815 - in reply to #7806)

Master and Commander

I have not played in a while. Recently I taught my two grand daughters how to play. On the second game, the 11 year old beat me...with some help.

Grrrrrr. Never again!
Stoops
Posted 2007-09-25 5:16 PM (#7820 - in reply to #7806)
Master and Commander

Ok----be honest....

What stakes have you played for? Back in the old days, it was a penny a point, double on skunks and quadruple on double skunks....

I used to play at work in the Texas Panhandle during lunch time...stakes were higher....A quarter a game, nickel a point and same on the skunks.....

Haven't played much since I left the panhandle, though my wife and I occasionally will play.....

And I learned the game in a Catholic boarding school in Oklahoma in the early 60's....................along with pitch ( a number of varieties)
Never did see Pitch played on the boats.
Ron Wert
Posted 2007-09-27 3:06 PM (#7880 - in reply to #7806)
Crew

Several games every Thursday night at the library. Some relatively young players and even women. I can't say that I remember when I started playing but it seems like I always knew how to play. Raised in So. Cal. but live in NH now.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software