Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKATE (SSN 578) was the first vessel ever to surface at the North Pole, when on March 17, 1959 she surfaced there to conduct memorial services for the renowned Arctic explorer Sir Hubert Wilkins.
Good Evening...
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-02 5:53 PM (#7965)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Good Evening...

Well, we are home...back here on the "wrong coast"...and would love to know "why" all you Northwest folks didn't warn us about the
"withdrawl" we were going to have to endure...talk about "overdosing"...and it's all thanks to Ric Hedman. I thought being on the Cruise
would never be topped...but seeing the beautiful state of WA...has been, let's see...OVERWHELMING!!! Ric was kind enough to be our
driver and tour guide...and made this one of the best vacations we have ever had. You maybe getting a couple of "transplants" in the
next few years, if you don't mind a "fruitcake and her bubblehead husband sharing in the beauty of your beautiful State.

Edited by miss lumpy bumps 2007-10-02 5:53 PM
crystal
Posted 2007-10-02 6:02 PM (#7966 - in reply to #7965)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Good Evening...

Patti,

Did I ever tell you about our "special" Washington State resident's license plate frame????

The top reads: "Welcome to Washington"

The bottom reads:

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Now go home"   (LOL)

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-02 8:35 PM (#7971 - in reply to #7966)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Good Evening...Oh, OK...

Well, that's a unique plate...but it was not only the beauty of WA that made such an impression on us...it was the people and their demeanor...their kindness, generosity and wonderful spirit...can you blame us for wanting to share in that or maybe trying to add to it.

Vic, I didn't care whether it was foggy, raining or what...you can still "feel" the beauty of your surroundings...and even if the fog is there...you know that in few hours, if it's to be...the sun will shine. I spent a very windy and rainy day on Whidbey Is. and Port Townsend...and it only made for more of a spirit of adventure for me. I won't speak for my hubby, but let's just say...I have never seen him to be caught "speechless".

Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-10-03 5:30 AM (#7976 - in reply to #7965)
COMSUBBBS

Patti,
Those people were so nice to you guys because they were hoping you'd carry them back East with you. John was speechless because his sinus' were draining down his throat. If he spoke he would probably strangle. Washington State is very pretty at times. The rain, fog, drizzle and whatever happens to drift in off the coast does drive people into depression. Besides, you go out there no one will understand your Northeastern twang/accent. <:~)))
MAD DOG
Posted 2007-10-03 5:44 AM (#7977 - in reply to #7976)

Master and Commander

I see ole Ralph likes to"stir the pot" a little bit.I found Washington state to be a site of breathtaking beauty.Rainy,foggy,miserable at times,but nevertheless beautiful. dbf

Edited by MAD DOG 2007-10-03 5:46 AM
Tom McNulty
Posted 2007-10-03 6:11 AM (#7979 - in reply to #7965)

Master and Commander

That kind of weather would bring tears to anyone's eyes who spent time in Holy Loch. All you would need to add is the soot and smell from all the fireplaces burning coal and coke.
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-10-03 7:11 AM (#7980 - in reply to #7965)

Admin

Here's the last pic I took on the way back from my Sturgis/Bonneville trip. Yep, this is a decent place to live alright...

(BikeRainier.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BikeRainier.jpg (265KB - 1068 downloads)
Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-10-03 10:37 AM (#7986 - in reply to #7965)
COMSUBBBS

ME, stir the pot? Never? loI must admit, Washington State is one of the beauty states without a doubt. I had the priviledge of trucking through it many times, but, for some reason I keep homing back to South Carolina and Charleston. Must be the fragrent smell of the pluff mud at low tide. Couldn't be the paper mill as they have cleaned that place up to where you hardly know it's there.
Smiley
Posted 2007-10-03 1:13 PM (#7987 - in reply to #7965)
Great Sage of the Sea

The CinC house and I spent much of our first year married in Bremerton..and my little Senior Chief was born there, .. We loved it and still wonder why I came back East.. Outside of Maine and West PA. and what I saw of Northern CA. it's tops on my list for retirement locations. The drizzle or "spittin" as they called it was little problem because when the Sun arrived it was paradise.

Oh and seeing Don's lovely ride I am reminded that all I owned to drive while I was there was a 68 HD sportster that I rode out there and back East.. I rode that thing on more rainy than dry days. Yup, with my prego old lady riding on back most of the time.. God we were crazy.. where does the time go? We used to have a Taxi deliever our apizza....and believe me my 90lb better half ate tons of that stuff during her first pregnancy.

And Patti..My condolences..... NOT!!!!!!!! GO SOX!!!!!!

Edited by Smiley 2007-10-03 1:22 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-03 5:44 PM (#7990 - in reply to #7987)

COMSUBBBS

Hi Walt,

First off...no condolences necessary...I AM NOT A YANKEES FAN...

Secondly...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...for "confirming" for the rest of this bunch, with the exception of our "illustrious webmaster"...how beautiful it is...
the "spittin'" was not a problem, nor were the downpours...like the ones we had on Sunday when returning home. Even the drivers had a sneaky suspicion we were from "out of town"...but my point is...I loved it out there. To be able to wake up and breath clean, fresh air...whether it's fog encrusted, spittin' or the sun is shining...
and to be able to look out and see mountains or the Sound or the Mighty Pacific Ocean...and the people, despite what Ralph says...they are far more considerate of us "foreigners" than I think NY'ers could ever be...it's just that simple.

I have almost a 1,000 pictures from the Cruise and WA State...and when I am able to get to them, I will post some. I tried to capture, even with my bad eyes, some of the flavor of all the areas we visited...but Mt. Rainier and the Japanese Gardens are what really took my breath away...I was literally in tears!!!

Smiley
Posted 2007-10-03 7:39 PM (#7992 - in reply to #7965)
Great Sage of the Sea

Patti my condolances were for the Mets.. Remember those guys??? Or have you put them out of your mind already? As for the Yankees I think they're still very much alive.
And yes us lovers of the Great North West are many.
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2007-10-03 7:47 PM (#7993 - in reply to #7965)

Master and Commander

miss lumpy bumps - 2007-10-03 7:53 AM

but seeing the beautiful state of WA...has been, let's see...OVERWHELMING!!!

Well we all know that WA is the most beautiful State....in Australia, that's why I live here!

Blue *_*

"Every Day's a Sunny Day,
in W.A."
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-03 10:55 PM (#7996 - in reply to #7993)

COMSUBBBS

Well we all know that WA is the most beautiful State....in Australia, that's why I live here!

Blue *_*

in W.A."

HMMM...seems to me that you are getting "addicted" to the "Central Time Zone" here, aren't you...LOL!!!
all that snow...and the unbearable heat and humidity...well, that you are used to...but that "white stuff"...
that is what I WILL NOT MISS...I like looking at it...not shoveling it!!!
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-03 11:01 PM (#7997 - in reply to #7992)

COMSUBBBS

OH, No...we haven't put them out of our mind...and as for Yankees...they could go down in flames and it wouldn't phase me...because "THE SOX RULE"!!!

Corabelle
Posted 2007-10-04 7:15 PM (#8010 - in reply to #7996)

COMSUBBBS

miss lumpy bumps - 2007-10-03 10:55 PM

Blue *_*

in W.A."

HMMM...seems to me that you are getting "addicted" to the "Central Time Zone" here, aren't you...LOL!!!
all that snow...and the unbearable heat and humidity...well, that you are used to...but that "white stuff"...
that is what I WILL NOT MISS...I like looking at it...not shoveling it!!!

I agree, Patti. The only snow that I ever want to see again will be in a picture!

Tell me . . . I've tried to figure out what the little emoticans with the square things in their hands are doing. Can't be a high five. You don't need anything in your hands to do that.

Waiting with baited breath.

Cora
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-13 5:02 PM (#8173 - in reply to #8010)

COMSUBBBS

HELLO MISS CORA...those two little items they have in their hands are beer glasses...and they are rasing a toast to you...because you are very good and kind lady!!!

So, here's to you Miss Cora...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software