Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Blenny SS 324, on her last patrol of WW II sank 63 vessels. One by torpedo and 62 by deck gunfire, demolition charges set by boarding parties or by burning. On several occasions shotguns were fired through the boats bottoms. These were all vessels under the 500 ton JANAC limit for tonnage sunk and not counted in the "official" totals or ships sunk. This is also a record for the most vessels ever sunk by a submarine on one patrol.
The thrill for the night . .
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2007-10-06 10:40 PM (#8064)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: The thrill for the night . .

If you ever need a thrill at midnight, wear a Lifeline (they're called different things); pull it off when you're getting ready for bed; then step on it.

A VERY loud, booming male voice disturbs the witching hour, and instructs the stepper-on-er to. "DON'T PANIC!" So, the natural thing to do is PANIC. That's right after (or was it before?) you clean up the mess.

On that happy note, I'll say, "Nite, nite."

Cora

miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-13 6:13 PM (#8177 - in reply to #8064)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The thrill for the night . .OOOOO...

Miss Cora...you are a hoot...

My Mom has one of those contraptions...keeps it on her...she is "legally" blind, has two torn rotator cuffs, which means her arm strength is not so hot...well, she took a spill last year and couldn't get up...but she didn't have to hit the button...when she landed on the floor FACE DOWN...it was activated...and what do they do...they call me...at 2:30 in the AM...and at this point in time, she has no idea they called me or that the thing has been activated...they ask me if I want them to call the police...WELL, DUH...anyway, cops arrive, but can't get in the door...she's flat on her face in the hallway and can't get to the door...well, they see her on the floor and are about to break in the door when she yells "DON'T"...and scoots herself over to the front door...and with every ounce of strength she had, reached up to unlock the door. So, the cops get in and proceed to get her up...only one problem, they pulled her up by her arms...OWWWWW...she turned around and gave them "what for"...and the cops just stood their with very blank looks on their faces...and then the 3 of them started laughing...thank God she knew them...or it could have been a rather dicey situation. So, the next time that thing gets activated (without your help), just tell them "NOT TO PANIC"...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software