Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first diesel engines built by Electric Boat for submarines were installed (1913) in the USS NAUTILUS and SEAWOLF, namesakes of the first nuclear powered submarines, also built by Electric Boat.
Ship of Death
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2018-12-03 1:01 AM (#92782)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Ship of Death

My son sent me a copy of this book for my birthday last October. Before that I had never heard of the sailing ship “Hankey”; unaware how such a small vessel and its crew of well-intentioned but impractical emancipationists would have such a devastating global effect on both sides of the Atlantic. I have just got around to reading it and am already halfway through this compelling narrative with its horrendous results and resultant effects upon world history in the Americas.

I attach a very comprehensive Amazon review that confirms what I have read thus far and it is the last one as you scroll down the page. Not suggesting you scoot out to buy this as it may well be sourced in your local library. Certainly worth looking for and reading.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ship-Death-Voyage-Changed-Atlantic/dp/0300194528/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1543826854&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=ship+of+death

Pedro
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software