Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
Eternal Patrol
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2019-02-21 9:28 AM (#93404)

Plankowner

Subject: Eternal Patrol

The following was sent to Seattle Base just a short while ago.
I knew Bob and had visited he and his wife at their home in Seattle a good number of times.
Bob Joined the Navy in 1946 and rode DD's and AO's before joining submarines. He qualified on his first boat, the USS Scorpion SSN 589 in 1963. He and his wife moved to NC to be near family.
Message sent by his nephew.
==============================
Robert C. Andrews, (MMCM SS ) better known to me as "Uncle Bob" passed away on February 19, 2019. He was living in Southern Pines, NC at the time. The past year or so, he had been fighting with the losing battle of Alzheimers Disease but passed into the Eternal Patrol peacefully in his sleep. Robert is listed as one of your life members and was forever faithful to spreading his love, and his joy as well as his stories from his many years proudly serving his country as a "Submariner". Can you please contact his fellow submarine veterans to share this information? I know he is now chasing those "fair winds and following seas" and looking for his favorite port of call. Thank you and all your members he was so proud to be associated with. Sincerely, Arthur L. Siehl, USN, 1965-1971.

Hand Salute, Bob!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software