Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I saw the submariners, the way they stood aloof and silent, watching their pigboat with loving eyes. They are alone in the Navy. I admired the PT boys. And I often wondered how the aviators had the courage to go out day after day and I forgave their boasting. But the submariners! In the entire fleet they stand apart!” -- James Michener
Grandson needs help
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

JoeJ
Posted 2019-03-09 2:43 PM (#93577)
Mess cooking

Subject: Grandson needs help

My grandson enlisted in the navy while in high school. After boot camp he was going to nuc school then Sub school. They say they are waiting for his security clearance before getting in booth camp. It has been over 6 months. As far as I know we have no spy in the family. He wants to start his navy career. What should I tell him Thank Joe DBF
Ric
Posted 2019-03-09 2:47 PM (#93578 - in reply to #93577)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Grandson needs help

About the only thing is to keep checking with them and hang tough.
geno
Posted 2019-03-09 4:15 PM (#93581 - in reply to #93577)
Old Salt

After my Navy time I worked for BAE for about 20 years. I was the security manager for our facility. I then worked for the Marine Corps as a civil servant for 24 years as a security manager for a SCIF type facility. With BAE I only had a secret clearance but with the Marines I had TS with special access. The government changed their method of doing things about 15 years ago. They began farming the clearence process out to contractors. Contractors have a habit of milking things and wasting a lot of time and money. While with the Marines, my background was looked at every six to eight months with drug testing. My neighbor asked one day why an agent had been by four times to talk to her about me. They only needed to make one trip but this person was just milking the job. If you boy's financials and criminal records are clean just sit tight. I would imagine if someone complained the answer would be - you don't know how busy we are. Hogwash. It'll happen.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2019-03-10 8:50 AM (#93589 - in reply to #93577)

Master and Commander

Mentioned below about turning clearance investigation over to contractors. I need one for a government security officer job. The contractor was Key Corp. Usually it would take a few weeks to process and approve. A few months later I had ton involve Homeland Security (in my case). They somehow found my approval was sitting on some Key Corp desk for months and was never forwarded. My suggestion is to keep going up the chain of command with your request to obtain the clearance.
GaryKC
Posted 2019-03-10 10:22 AM (#93590 - in reply to #93577)

COMSUBBBS

https://www.navy.com/lets-talk/chat
JoeJ
Posted 2019-03-11 10:30 AM (#93603 - in reply to #93577)
Mess cooking

Thanks for the information I'll will let him know
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software