Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: In their history, submarines were called by many names such as 'eel boats', 'plunging boats', 'devil divers', and 'pig boats'. Technically, and by size, the submarine is a ship, but it has been called a boat since its earliest days, and the term is steeped in tradition. Submariners almost invariably call their ships 'boats".
Time on your hands???
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2019-05-16 11:33 AM (#94026)

Plankowner

Subject: Time on your hands???

Poking around on the internet and one thing leads to another and before you know it you wonder how in the hell you ended up where your are!
Happened to me the other day,... again.....

As a younger person I use to backpack in the Olympic and Cascade Mountains of Washington State. Running from north to south trough the state is the Pacific Crest Trail that continues on through Oregon and California to the Mexican border. Over the years I had, on various hikes, been on parts of that trail and had always harbored a desire to hike more of it. Maybe the whole thing? No I don't really think so.

The upshot is I ran across these journal entries from a young woman who, after two attempts made the whole 2650 miles.

This link takes you to the links to the first and second trips. It isn't definitive or a how to but a decent saga of the trips and and the trials and pains and discomforts of doing it.

If you have ever been a hiker you might enjoy reading this as I did.

http://rockonrocketllama.webcomic.ws/blog/

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Alejandra Wilson is a reclusive cave muppet located in Portland, Oregon. She spends her days off-trail drawing comics, making coffee and forgetting about it, falling asleep on public transit and daydreaming about being a carefree vagabond with calf muscles again.

Known to many as "Rocket Llama," she has hiked a cumulative 4,800 miles on the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) between the years of 2013 and 2014, give or take a few road walks.

Runner485
Posted 2019-05-16 12:50 PM (#94027 - in reply to #94026)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Time on your hands???

That was interesting Ric-Thanks for posting it...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software