Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SEAWOLF join the Electric Boat built USS NAUTILUS and SKATE in writing new chapters in the achievements of man when the nuclear powered submarine came to the surface at 11:45 a.m. on October 6, 1958 after being continuously submerged for 60 days.
New Carrier CO Fired Over MoD Car Misuse
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pedro
Posted 2019-05-17 9:39 AM (#94028)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: New Carrier CO Fired Over MoD Car Misuse

Commodore gets sidelined from command of a new aircraft carrier due to unofficial use of his MoD motor vehicle. There will no doubt be plenty of candidates waiting in the wings to grab that job vacancy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48310522

Pedro
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2019-05-17 9:57 AM (#94029 - in reply to #94028)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: New Carrier CO Fired Over MoD Car Misuse

I would hate to think what would happen if all the Navy, Army, Marine and Coast Guard staff and general use vehicles were chipped secretly and the milage legitimately accounted for verified against actual destination and routes. Heck of a lot of folks would be in trouble. I remember when a certain Police Department had that done to them. Seems the Union negotiated the quiet disappearance of all that data, and the higher ups didn't have a problem with it getting lost. I believe this is a relatively routine abuse of regulations in most all organizations. 
Pedro
Posted 2019-05-17 12:06 PM (#94030 - in reply to #94029)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: New Carrier CO Fired Over MoD Car Misuse

Walt,

I would agree with you that such abuse is routine in many large organisations and normally accepted as par for the course. In this case, I would not be surprised to find that the person who blew the whistle on the Commodore is among the top candidates for his job. As in the political arena, I believe that the officer class in the UK armed forces play just as down and dirty these days to gain advancement. Things ain't what they used to be and that's for sure.

Pedro
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software