Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS TRITON, the only American made twin reactor submarine ever built, on May 10, 1960, completed the first totally submerged non-trivial circumnavigation of the world when she followed the route of Ferdinand Magellan for 36,000 miles during 84 days beneath the surface.
Operation Sunrise: Secrets from the Deep
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2019-05-20 11:01 PM (#94060)

Plankowner

Subject: Operation Sunrise: Secrets from the Deep

Operation Sunrise: Secrets from the Deep is a new novel by Bill Tidd.
Bill is a retired US Air Force officer who makes stabs at writing.
He had had an idea for a book (fiction) involving a submarine. Problem was he didn't know squat about subs.
What does he do? He contacts PigBoats.COM. Myself and my partner Dave Johnston get involved and spent a lot of time beating this guy over the head as to how stuff happens on a submarine. How we talk, walk, work what stuff is called and, well... you get the idea.
The plot is his. Dave and I tried to keep him on the straight and narrow and telling him if he wants submariners to read it he has to get it right.
Finally didn't hear from him for almost two years and thought he had given up. He hadn't.
Low and behold an autographed copy of the book shows up in todays mail.

I haven't read the final copy but have read much of the original manuscripts.

If you want to read a new fiction book you can get it from here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/william-j-tidd/operation-sunrise-secrets-from-the-deep/paperback/product-24064628.html

Some stuff he has insisted in keeping in the book. He's the author, his right I guess, though some things Dave and I tried to get him from including. No luck it seems. BUT it is Fiction and all.

Decent plot twists.

If you decide to get it and hate it don't blame me. I did worn you it is fiction. We tried to make it right, but Air Force, right?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software