Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Without courage, you might as well not be in it. You’ve got to have courage--moral courage, physical courage--and honor. Honor means telling the truth even when it might not be to your advantage" Retired Capt. Charles W. Rush Jr. (85), Navy Cross recipient, when asked to give advice to Chiefs and Junior Officers in today's submarine service.
Sundays Song
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fortyrod
Posted 2019-11-10 3:00 PM (#96213)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Sundays Song

I see Pete has not posted, so I will take liberties. He must be vacationing in Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA
Pedro
Posted 2019-11-11 1:46 PM (#96224 - in reply to #96213)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Sundays Song

Chris,

Thank you for dropping into my vacant slot and keeping the music going with a great number. How I wish I had been lazing on some Spanish beach and drinking Cuba Libras but that was far from the case for my missed contribution to the BBS. Late Saturday evening, my wife Shirley, who has balance and mobility problems, fell and hurt her left hip. Coupled with her Alzheimer’s condition, this triggered some fearful and painful episodes so an ambulance was required to take her to hospital.

There they conducted all the necessary checks and x-rays that luckily showed no pelvic damage but only bruising to the hip area. They kept her in for observation until this morning (Monday) and she is now safely back at home. This girl is made of tough stuff and that’s for sure, but shows how much more careful I need to be to try and prevent similar re-occurrences which isn’t easy. Thanks for your help mate,

Pedro
fortyrod
Posted 2019-11-11 2:17 PM (#96225 - in reply to #96213)
Great Sage of the Sea

Your to be praised for your love and affection Pete. I know 24/7 care can be taxing on the care giver. You exemplify "for better or worse".
Holland Club
Posted 2019-11-11 4:16 PM (#96226 - in reply to #96224)

Master and Commander

You and she remain in our evening prayers. Happy she is recovering.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software