Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS Schley / AA-1 / T-1 (SF-1) (SS-52) originally named for Winfield Scott Schley, Rear Admiral, United States Navy, renamed AA-1 on 23 August 1917 before being Launched on 25 July 1918; Commissioned, USS AA-1, 30 January 1920; Designated (SF-1), 20 July 1920; Renamed USS T-1 (SF-1), 20 September 1920
Friday Obits
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Pig
Posted 2020-07-03 9:56 AM (#98008)
Plankowner

Subject: Friday Obits

GARRY, James, 75 of Liberty Township, Grove City, and formerly of Homer City, Pa., died, surrounded by his loving wife and children at his residence on Sunday, June 28, 2020, following a courageous battle with cancer. Tom was born on July 2, 1944, in White Township, Indiana, Pa., to Anthony "Tom" Garry and Susan Yanish Garry. He married Veronica Julia Dienes on Nov. 15, 1969. Tom was employed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Corrections for 13 years as HVAC Trades Instructor, and earlier by the R&P Coal Company, Indiana County, for 17 years. Tom was proud of his honorable service in the U.S. Navy, where he served on the submarine USS Bashaw (AGSS-241) as a radioman during the Vietnam War. He was onboard, and actively involved during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident in August of 1964. He was a lifetime member of VFW Post 1989, Indiana. Tom grew up in McIntyre, Pa. He graduated from Elders Ridge High School and from Westmoreland Community College. Tom, a devoted family man, thoroughly enjoyed retirement and spending time with family and friends.He was an avid golfer, enjoyed the great outdoors, kayaking, gardening, hiking, and even mowing the grass with his tractor. Tom also enjoyed working on his model trains, learning how to make wine to share with family and friends, reading about war history, and spending time at the beach. Tom is survived by his wife of 50 years, Veronica; his children Kristin (Charles) Staab of Castle Rock, Colo.; Susan (Leonard) Krzywicki of Smithfield, Va.; grandchildren, Olivia and William Staab; Mason and Logan Krzywicki. He is preceded in death by his parents, sisters, Barbara Flack and Lorraine Petras. Published on July 1, 2020

KOEHLER, Robert H., CAPT, USN, Ret., died at his Seattle home on June 8, 2020. Born in Chicago, IL to parents Ottilie and Herbert Koehler on November 14, 1925, he was a distinguished Navy veteran, serving mostly in the Submarine Community. He was awarded many notable service awards, including a Bronze Star for meritorious service during the Vietnam War. He was a longtime Seattle resident, living part-time in San Diego. He is survived by brothers William (Edie), Ronald (Maureen), and sister Patricia Howard (Tom). Published in San Diego Union-Tribune on Jul. 3, 2020.

SEVERSEN, Mike, For my beautiful husband, my best friend, and the love of my life.... I miss you every day and I always will. Mike was born 3/1/40 and passed 4/29/2019. Survived by his wife Carol Ann Seversen, our five children, and eight grandchildren. Mike loved his family first, his country, and his service in the Navy aboard the diesel powered submarine USS Bugara (SS-331). Private services were with family. Published in Kitsap Sun Jul. 3, 2020.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software