Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
Obituary
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2020-09-14 6:56 PM (#98352)

Admin

Subject: Obituary

Dang, if it weren't for Ken Henry's obit posts, this BBS would be dead.  Maybe put the BBS URL in the next "death notice" Ken LOL 
Ric
Posted 2020-09-15 9:43 AM (#98356 - in reply to #98352)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Obituary

I sure hope not. That would be tragic!
Holland Club
Posted 2020-09-15 5:42 PM (#98365 - in reply to #98352)

Master and Commander

Heavens no. I could write for days but don't want to hog the show. Who's ready for a NTINS or 2?
fortyrod
Posted 2020-09-19 5:48 PM (#98386 - in reply to #98365)
Great Sage of the Sea

Maybe it’s because all the sub memories are so far in the past that it just doesn’t matter any more to the few old farts that check in. Some say they could post a ntns, but don’t. It was all a long time ago and in a different life.

Maybe social media like flat book has taken over?

Maybe because if someone posts an opinion on a news item, or something going on, another perceives it as political or racist and their tender feelings get hurt, red flags are raised, and consequently the poster shuts up and shuts down. Lord knows opinions stink.

And just maybe people do not want to engage in a discusion anymore because they cant without getting pissed, or they dont want to think. I recently posted an article on the social dilemma, hthe reponse was underwhelming.

My suggestion, open the bbs to any discussion where opinions can be voiced freely, just as it would be in the after battery , but, it’s not my sandbox.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software