Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "The Turkish skipper of ex-USS Tang, when asked about the difference between the German designed and built replacement boats for their retiring ex-US boats, is reported to have said, "American submarines are built for war, German submarines are built for export."
Seroius Search for Info
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Serious Submarine ResearchMessage format

Ric
Posted 2008-02-08 7:56 PM (#12632)

Plankowner

Subject: Seroius Search for Info

A while back I received a a lot photo for a gentalman whos father had been a sailor aboard the USS F-2 during WW I.

Among the photo was a scan of a document that had the Letter Head of: "Submarine Veterans of the Great War. I had never heard of this organization and the few historians I have talked to have not either.

I need folks to keep their eyes open and maybe ask around. There has to be documents and records from this group some place. Roll calls of members and vessels served on. If any of you have had family that served in the boats during or after WW I, please query them. Is there some information in your family documents?

I do know there was a chapter in the Los Angles area but not how many chapters there were overall.

Please help find out about these brothers of the 'phin and there lost fraternal organization.

Please contact me if you hear of anything that might help.

Ric

http://pigboats.com/

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software