Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
Fox News dropped the ball
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Serious Submarine ResearchMessage format

DaveyJ576
Posted 2008-05-27 12:13 PM (#16200)
Mess cooking

Subject: Fox News dropped the ball

Foxnews.com has a video snippet posted about how Bob Ballard was really shooting photos of the Thresher and Scorpion when he found the Titanic. Of course they showed a picture of both boats so they could properly inform the public of what they were talking about. The only problem is that the picture they put on national TV of the Thresher was the wrong boat! Oh...it was the Thresher alright. But it was the SS-200, not the SSN-593!! With all the information available on the net these days, and with all the information that has been published on the SSN-593, how could Fox News make such a stupid mistake?

By the way, they did manage to get the photo of the Scorpion correct.

Bob Melley
Posted 2008-05-28 6:46 AM (#16225 - in reply to #16200)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Fox News dropped the ball

Don't just blame FOX News......there are some pols who can't tell the bow from the stern......
they're controlling billions of $$$$$$$$ when it comes to military spending......
Hairball
Posted 2008-06-10 8:22 AM (#16630 - in reply to #16200)
Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Fox News dropped the ball

Fox News like all the media do not know thier a**es from a hole in the ground. How many times have we seen a film-clip of an M130 APC rolling along while the reporter calls it a tank? To them all M-16's (whatever) are, 'machine guns,' and ALL skimmers are Battleships? etc etc ad nausiam. It's a lack of attention to detail and, they just give a sh*t. My first encounter with the Media was in Aden (South Yemen) in the 60's when the British Dailey Mirror sent out reporters. We had a small war out there which the government called, "The Toubles." I lost a LOT of buddies out there. Back then we didn't know what reporters were like and were up-front and honest with them BIG MISTAKE! They published reports that made us all look like cliche Baby Killers. The British goverment was trying to cover-up the whole damn mess and didn't bother to try and deny all the lies that the press told. When we went home the general (and ignorant) public had a lousy view of us when we got home. This was long before what you guys had to put up with in Vietnam. I, 'lost,' three years of my life for what? I have no time for the media.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software