Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I can assure you that they went down fighting and that their brothers who survived them took a grim toll of our savage enemy to avenge their deaths." Admiral Charles Lockwood
Serious Request.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Serious Submarine ResearchMessage format

Hairball
Posted 2009-05-13 11:07 AM (#26601)
Senior Crew

Subject: Serious Request.

I have just got off the phone (15:20 NT) to a Phonse Griffiths, of Atlantic Charters. He is in the process of getting in touch with the Canadian Navy in Halifax re buying two of our mothballed Oberon Class Boats that he wants to restore to be used as Museum Exhibits here in Newfoundland.

He's going to need a lot of advice so if any of you guys are interested or think you can help him in any way, please email me so that I can give you his email address. Also can you give me/him the best website/email addresses of Boat Museums who could help him in any way?

I think I'm going to get my tool-box in order and see about getting some leave!

This guy's for real and it was sheer luck that I happened to answer the phone when he called!

Thanks, Hairball.
snakeyez
Posted 2009-05-13 5:28 PM (#26612 - in reply to #26601)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Serious Request.

There is a table on the main page of http://www.submarinemuseums.org/ that lists the "official" website of each USA museum submarine (or the closest that I could find) where you could find someone to contact, hopefully.

Of course, make sure you check out the HNSA website.
Roy Ator
Posted 2009-05-13 8:34 PM (#26635 - in reply to #26612)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: Serious Request.

Thanks Lance for your comprehensive response. I was going to suggest the HNSA site of which I've been a member/supporter for many years. Chan Zucker and I served on the CA-73. We've been friends for many years!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software