Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The USS SKIPJACK was the first submarine designed from the keel up for top underwater performance using nuclear power. An earlier SKIPJACK was the first U.S. submarine to cross the Atlantic ocean under her own power (Newport, Rhode Island to Ponta Delgada, Azores, in 1917).
Profiles: Martini, Hedman, Hall
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Don Gentry
Posted 2007-06-16 1:54 PM (#4585)

Admin

Subject: Profiles: Martini, Hedman, Hall

Almost a year ago I started working on a project to acknowledge efforts by individuals that utilize the internet to do some "submarine good" for all of us. Today, I realized I never finished it nor did I publish what I had to date so here we go with that.

The "danger" in doing something like this is that many, many folks have - for now - been left out but ya gotta start somewhere. I had hoped to have close to a dozen folks and continue to add to these profiles over time. I'll do the latter for sure.

So for now, read a little bit more about Ron Martini, Ric Hedman and Harry Hall. Mr. Hall may not be as familiar a name as Ron and Ric, but I picked Harry as an example of someone dedicated to keeping his shipmates updated via email by his outstanding Queenfish newsletter - there are many others, but Harry, I can assure you, is a fine example for all that take on similar efforts for their shipmates.

Profiles <<== click (links to all three profiles are at the top of each page)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software