Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
Smoked Meats (NSR)
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Bill Linne
Posted 2007-06-25 8:20 PM (#4793)

Senior Crew

Subject: Smoked Meats (NSR)

I recently learned of a place in Bishop, California that makes the best jerky I've ever had.  I've tried their beef (peppered (my favorite) and the sweet & spicy (and it IS on the spicy side)) and some turkey.  The stuff cannot be beat!  Best part, it is available on-line at:  www. SmokedMeats.com.  Not cheap, but worth every penny!

Bill
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2007-06-26 6:48 AM (#4798 - in reply to #4793)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Smoked Meats (NSR)

Father's Day brought me a SmokinTex electric smoker. I have been smoking meat since a young age, Pop was a Butcher / Smoker. This is the easiest to use, and produces the best results of anything I have built or used over the years. Best od all, it is small enough for just the two of us, or can make enough for the crew at work. Tonight I will try a smoked meatloaf. So far ribs, butts and chicken have come out perfect.
Bill Linne
Posted 2007-06-26 7:38 AM (#4800 - in reply to #4798)

Senior Crew

Good info.  Smokin Tex is now on my list of things to research on the web.

Thanks,

Bill

Jim M.
Posted 2007-06-26 9:01 AM (#4802 - in reply to #4793)

Great Sage of the Sea

Bill Linne - 2007-06-25 8:20 PM

I recently learned of a place in Bishop, California that makes the best jerky I've ever had. ....

Ah...but have you ever tried biltong??? That's the South African version of beef jerky and much much better. My wife (who is South African) and I make it all the time ... using a recipe from my father-in-law who got the recipe from his father. If you're interested, I can get the recipe to you. Lekker good... (translated - very good)...
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2007-06-26 4:07 PM (#4811 - in reply to #4793)
Master and Commander

Isn't Biltong made with Elephant or Water Buffalo? Kind of scarse around South-west Georgia. If I shot one, the Zoo Keeper would probably not understand.
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-06-26 5:35 PM (#4812 - in reply to #4793)

Admin

Been using this smoker for a good dozen years or more. I wire-brush and paint the firebox once a year and she still looks new! Love the locomotive style!

Jim M.
Posted 2007-06-27 2:21 PM (#4842 - in reply to #4811)

Great Sage of the Sea

Sewer Pipe Snipe - 2007-06-26 4:07 PM

Isn't Biltong made with Elephant or Water Buffalo? Kind of scarse around South-west Georgia. If I shot one, the Zoo Keeper would probably not understand.

Nope... we use beef...rump roast is usually the best cut to use. After soaking the meat (carved into strips) for two or three days, we hang the strips in a biltong box - there are many ways to make the box - with two 60w lamps on...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software