Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Tenacity Dick, stay with the bastard till he's on the bottom.” -- Mush Morton to Dick O'Kane
Don - Are you packing your bags?
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Corabelle
Posted 2007-07-01 10:39 PM (#4956)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Don - Are you packing your bags?

The Rally is just about a month away. Don't know the actual date yet - but I'll bet you do!
609EM1
Posted 2007-07-02 7:11 AM (#4960 - in reply to #4956)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: Don - Are you packing your bags?

Corabelle - 2007-07-01 11:39 PM

The Rally is just about a month away. Don't know the actual date yet - but I'll bet you do!

The Black Hills Motorcycle Classic (AKA Sturgis Motorcycle Rally) always starts on Monday of the first full week in August.The 6th thru the 12th this year.
Corabelle
Posted 2007-07-02 1:53 PM (#4971 - in reply to #4960)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: 609EM1

Have you been to the Motorcycle Classic? Are you going to be there this year? And, most important, what's your name? If you're going to be there, I'd love to meet you.

I like to attach faces to names.
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-07-02 2:20 PM (#4972 - in reply to #4956)

Admin

Not much to pack but I'm rarin' to go.
609EM1
Posted 2007-07-03 9:02 PM (#5000 - in reply to #4971)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: 609EM1

Corabelle - 2007-07-02 2:53 PM

Have you been to the Motorcycle Classic? Are you going to be there this year? And, most important, what's your name? If you're going to be there, I'd love to meet you.

I like to attach faces to names.

Hi Cora....
I've been to the motorcycle rally a few times.It's really not my kind of fun.We would usually just stop by for a few hours to buy a t-shirt or something to show that we were there and hit the road again.My kind of fun was to ride to there,stay a few hours and continue on to Wyoming and Utah,then head north into Idaho and Montana,trying very hard not to miss going over Beartooth Pass between WY & MT.We would then head east across North Dakota,Minnesota & Wisconsin back to Michigan.Very easy to do in about a week.We'd put on about 4000 miles or so,averageing 600-700 miles a day.It's also impossible to get a motel room within 100-200 miles of Sturgis for that week unless you reserve one a year in advance,and my idea of "roughing it" is staying in a strange motel with no remote for the TV.
I don't ride anymore as the last Harley I owned,(I've owned eight),a 1998 95th anniversary Ultra Classic Electa-Glide had problems that H-D either couldn't or wouldn't fix and I wrote a letter to the president of H-D Motor Company telling him what he can do with their motorcycles and then went and bought a Goldwing.Unfortunuately,it wasn't as much fun for me to drive as an H-D and I sold it after a couple of years and haven't been on a motorcycle since.Carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists didn't make it enjoyable either.
As for a persons name.....click on "User Listing" above,then the "username" and their name,and other info,will come up.
Corabelle
Posted 2007-07-05 1:22 PM (#5060 - in reply to #5000)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I thought a Goldwing was a H D. Not so?

I know the motel situation is a bummer during Rally Week. Many people stay in Rapid - 20 miles south east of Sturgis, still motels are full here, and many stay in Wyoming - probably 50 miles from Sturgis. And strangly enough, motel prices are always higher during that week?!

I don't like to rough it either. My idea of roughing it, is no room service. :)

But you do see some interesting sights in Sturgis when all the bikers get together.

Edited by Corabelle 2007-07-05 1:29 PM
Park Dallis
Posted 2007-07-05 3:48 PM (#5067 - in reply to #5060)

Old Salt

Subject: RE: I thought a Goldwing was a H D. Not so?

Not so... Honda.

Smiley
Posted 2007-07-05 4:56 PM (#5072 - in reply to #4956)
Great Sage of the Sea

That's not a Motorcycle.. Hell it's a truck.. You need a CDL to ride that monster.
It makes my Fat Boy look like Twiggy...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software