Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: George Washington Endorsed the use of the first American submarine, David Bushnell's TURTLE, during the Revolution. Following the vessel's attack on a British man-of-war, he discussed the potential use of submarines in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.
2007 USSVI Convention Cruise
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2007-07-09 8:45 AM (#5199)

Master and Commander

Subject: 2007 USSVI Convention Cruise

A few of you righteous personages have expressed the desire to ply me with a cognac on the Alaskan Cruise and figure that you might have a hard time finding me - wrong!  If not in one of the four bars (Seaview 1st choice), or at a meeting (lord help me) - I can be found where today's "Picture of the Day" indicates (Ron knows this)... Dan will have my back so don't try any of that fast hand movement on me... I do also understand that sleep is NOT an option for the week!  LOL  

Those of you that have said you always regretted missing the "Bash at the Ranch" will really be kicking yourself if you miss this once in a lifetime subvets cruise aboard the ms Oosterdam - it promises to be remembered as a book or movie soon after our return!!!!

Music by Kenny Rogers - "The Gambler" - enjoy!

http://www.usssealion.com/sealion/daily_picture.htm

Edited by crystal 2007-07-09 8:47 AM
Runner485
Posted 2007-07-09 10:10 AM (#5204 - in reply to #5199)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: 2007 USSVI Convention Cruise

I have been known to turn gamblers luck completely around by just watching them play Blackjack...Yep! They can have chips piled to the ceiling before I arrive and within a very short period be looking for a loan from some hapless and drunken bubblehead.....

But don't worry John.....those bright lights are making me dizzy already!

Edited by Runner485 2007-07-09 10:11 AM
Phils
Posted 2007-07-09 11:29 AM (#5209 - in reply to #5199)

Crew

As John hinted, there may not be another cruise like this. I'm thinking that once the cruise line returns all the stateroom doors to their proper location they may institute a new rule of "no submariners" allowed.

Phil
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-07-09 6:19 PM (#5234 - in reply to #5199)

COMSUBBBS

Now John, would we really do that to you...IN A HEARTBEAT...the plying with cognac, that is...no slight of hand, because we don't do table games...
and that's not nice anyway!!! So save me a seat at the bar!!!
Bill Linne
Posted 2007-07-09 6:34 PM (#5237 - in reply to #5199)

Senior Crew

crystal - 2007-07-09 6:45 AMDan will have my back so don't try any of that fast hand movement on me...

Man, I'm glad I didn't say that!  You obviously spent too much time in the Engineering spaces, John!

Bill

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software