Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "I propose to you a new arm of war, as formidable as it is economical. Submarine navigation, which has been sometimes attempted, but as all know without results, owing to want of suitable opportunities, is now a problematical thing no more." - Brutus de Villeroi in a letter to President Lincoln, 1862
A Submarine In Seattle
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2007-07-12 10:55 AM (#5359)

Master and Commander

Subject: A Submarine In Seattle

It was this liberty visit to Seattle 46 years ago (before the Space Needle went up)  that netted me my 1st wife (of several) and our subsequent two sons who are both major successes! (thank God)... Music? (for Seattle) "Raindrops" - enjoy!

http://www.usssealion.com/sealion/daily_picture.htm
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-07-12 11:42 AM (#5361 - in reply to #5359)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: A Submarine In Seattle...VACATION???

I thought you were on vacation...anyway, that's a great photo! I was the ripe old age of 10 at the time...not even thinking about the future...YET...or knowing much
about anything...just that life was good...but in the next year, our world would change...and because of men like you...a "crisis" would be averted.

Thank you, John!

Patti
Roy Ator
Posted 2007-07-12 12:16 PM (#5362 - in reply to #5361)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: A Submarine In Seattle...VACATION???

Great memories Chief! We were there for the annual Sea Fair event. First port of call after receiving my Silver Dolphins as well. So while doubling up our mooring lines, our shipmates chunked me into that very cold water whilst still at the manuevering watch stations! Seems that I was perhaps the after capstain operator...? In any case, I was quickly scrambling for the turtleback.
crystal
Posted 2007-07-12 4:18 PM (#5377 - in reply to #5359)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: A Submarine In Seattle

Yep Roy, I was leading seaman by that time and our wee small deck gang got to paint the entire topside before liberty would commence for us - got going late that first night - what a paint job!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software