Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: The first submarine which actually sank another enemy vessel under combat conditions was the CSS HUNLEY built during the Civil War. The Union frigate HOUSATONIC on blockade station off Charleston, S. C. was the victim. The incident occurred on February 17, 1864.
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2007-07-13 7:13 PM (#5432)
Master and Commander

Subject: new posts

well, I know a lot of you will disagree with this post....well...I don't need your sanctimonious, self-righteous comments...so please don't post them. As a matter of fact, I don't need any disagreement whatsoever....You can agree with this post or you can just keep it to yourself....but I am going to put this sort of a disclaimer into all of my posts so that if you even think about disagreeing with what I post then I can feel put upon and join the great masses of victimhood!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-07-13 7:17 PM (#5434 - in reply to #5432)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: new posts

HEY YOU...

WHAT POST...YOU AIN'T SAID NOTHIN' YET...EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO PUT A "DISCLAIMER" IN YOUR POSTS...

...AND YOU A VICTIM...PHHHHHEEEEEWWWW...if your the victim, I want to see the assailant...did he bite you on the knee or the
ankle...do we have to call out the ASPCA...and administer a rabies shot...to the assailant!!!
Stoops
Posted 2007-07-13 7:37 PM (#5437 - in reply to #5432)
Master and Commander

just looked like the thing to do...you know...post something that you want to and then try to deflect any crap you anticipate in advance....Great idea...sort of like the American media....but can be universally used to get you out of any sort of rational disagreement.....you just gotta say...."I don't want to hear from you mental midgets that disagree with me" and Voila....you don't have to deal with criticism! I think it is brilliant! Simply Brilliant! Don't you?

Edited by Stoops 2007-07-13 7:42 PM
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-07-13 7:48 PM (#5439 - in reply to #5437)

COMSUBBBS

Dave,

Did you stand out in the rain to long...or did you put a little "extra" in the brats...you been "inhaling" fumes from the BBQ...

...as for mental midgets...did someone say the circus was in town...oh, yeah...this is a circus, isn't it...

Corabelle
Posted 2007-07-13 8:58 PM (#5443 - in reply to #5437)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Good idea!

I think we should all prohibit any one else from ever disagreeing with us. So, yes I do agree with you. I mean what else can I do?
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2007-07-14 12:10 AM (#5446 - in reply to #5437)

Great Sage of the Sea

Stoops - 2007-07-13 5:37 PM

just looked like the thing to do...you know...post something that you want to and then try to deflect any crap you anticipate in advance....Great idea...sort of like the American media....but can be universally used to get you out of any sort of rational disagreement.....you just gotta say...."I don't want to hear from you mental midgets that disagree with me" and Voila....you don't have to deal with criticism! I think it is brilliant! Simply Brilliant! Don't you?

Ah, baloney, Shipmate!

You don't want to deal with somebody disagreeing with you, just ignore them. Don't reply. Do like my Dad, turn down your hearing aid, or pretend it isn't working right.

You don't need no stinkin' disclaimer! Most people ignore those disclaimers, anyway.

subvetss
Posted 2007-07-14 8:01 AM (#5452 - in reply to #5432)
Senior Crew

Hey Dave,
my 19 year old grandaughter wears a tee shirt that fits your point just right. It has printed in big letters across the front " You can agree with me or you can be wrong!"
I love it.
Joe'the'Most
Ron Wert
Posted 2007-07-14 8:40 AM (#5456 - in reply to #5432)
Crew

Dave:

I saw two (2, too, to) posts by you in this thread. One, the first, said you were going to put a disclaimer on all your posts but with NO disclaimer. The second, what appeared to be a rebuttel to a followup comment, also appeared with no disclaimer.

I think you may just be trying to stir up sh.. stuff.
Tom McNulty
Posted 2007-07-14 8:52 AM (#5458 - in reply to #5432)

Master and Commander

Too many years inhaling mercaptans. Or are you laying down the gauntlet of "you can't get to me".
whalen
Posted 2007-07-14 8:55 AM (#5459 - in reply to #5432)

Great Sage of the Sea

As a paraphrase of what Voltaire said, "I disapprove of any sort of a disclaimer on all your posts , but I will defend to the death your right to disclaim anything -- and I will back this up with sanctimonious, self-righteous comments.  Forever and ever, amen."
Stoops
Posted 2007-07-14 1:50 PM (#5477 - in reply to #5456)
Master and Commander

Ron Wert - 2007-07-14 8:40 AM

Dave:

I saw two (2, too, to) posts by you in this thread. One, the first, said you were going to put a disclaimer on all your posts but with NO disclaimer. The second, what appeared to be a rebuttel to a followup comment, also appeared with no disclaimer.

I think you may just be trying to stir up sh.. stuff.

Can't get anything by you, Ron!! It was pretty tongue in cheek though!.....

ah...your "two (2, too, to)" brought back memories....of that silly commercial about the "two mints in one".....I could have done without that remembrance!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software