Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: Records for enemy shipping sunk by U.S. submarines during World War II are held by two boats built by Electric Boat. The USS FLASHER sank 100,231 tons of Japanese shipping, while the USS TAUTOG holds the record for the most ships - 26.
Went to a Hero's Funeral Today
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Smiley
Posted 2007-07-14 7:54 PM (#5491)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: Went to a Hero's Funeral Today

I know this is off submarine topic but it is a Navy topic.
Several of my fellow VFW comrades and I had the Honor to attend another funeral for a fallen Navy SEAL. This was my 4th SEAL funeral since 9/11.. It was a perfect mid Summer Day in a beautiful location with the company of so many special people honoring this Man's sacrifice.
This sailor Jason Lewis is a Connecticut Native who lives a few miles from us. My Son did not know him. He was a member of Team 10. However my daughter in law's best friend whose Husband is also on team 10 knew him and his family very well.
The whole levity and scope of this War really comes through in moments like these.
I know this country is being slowly torn apart by this War but I still remain amazed that the Country still produces such fine men and Women who volunteer their service and continue to do so while so many more sacrifice their lives and well being defending our Constitution.. The service was in a word overwhelming.... I was truely honored to be part of it. Thank God for Men and Women like these. I prey their service and sacrifice will not be in vain..
...Thanks for letting me rant...but somehow I know most of you can truely relate to and understand the emotions I was experiencing. I am really at a lose for words to explain how lucky I am to be an American Veteran and how proud I am of our Armed Services.. especially during times like this.

Stoops
Posted 2007-07-14 8:10 PM (#5492 - in reply to #5491)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Went to a Hero's Funeral Today

not a rant, Smiley....just a heart felt and sincere tribute to the selfless folk that put themselves on the line for us. I can't imagine any patriot feeling any different when we lose one of our warriors....Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Our prayers are with his family, comrades, and friends.

Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-07-14 8:17 PM (#5493 - in reply to #5491)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Went to a Hero's Funeral Today

Yes, Smiley, our hopes and prayers are with them all.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software