Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: ENS Sam Hunter, the first submarine casualty of WWII on Dec. 8, 1941. He was attached to Sea Dragon moored next to Sealion. He was killed by shrapnel from the first bomb hit on Sealion penetrating the conning tower of Sea Dragon. The second hit killed 4 men in Sealions Engineroom.
Sirago Reunion
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Runner485
Posted 2017-07-10 4:14 AM (#84395)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: Sirago Reunion

In a week from this Thursday, I'm headed to Cleveland for my 1st reunion in 8 years. It's been that long since my stroke. Were gonna visit the COD and the Rock n Roll hall of Fame. It's a 7.5 hour drive according to Google. I'd rather drive then have to deal with the TSA and all their bullcrap, and I'm not a fan of driving that many hours in one day. But when I considered, a 2 hour drive to the airport. Another 2 hours waiting for the flight, then the flight...about 1.5-2 hours the drive doesn't seem too bad.
Looking forward to seeing some of the enginemen I shared part of my life with. I find it amazing that these shipmates have a special hold on me these many years later and that I want to see them yet again. We're old men now, but when we get together, at least in the last few reunions I attended, it was like the years fell away and we were young again. At least in the telling of no s**tters.
PaulR
Posted 2017-07-10 6:14 AM (#84396 - in reply to #84395)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Sirago Reunion

GOOD LUCK JOE, have a great time.

I'll be in touch for a full report of the area and facilities.  We (SS407) are considering the same site.

Paul
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-07-10 3:31 PM (#84397 - in reply to #84395)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Sirago Reunion

I Used to drive to Cleveland after I got sick of flying there. Made many a drive there with Turnpike all the way. The tolls are a bit high but the back roads are not in the cards. Have a good reunion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software