Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine, the TURTLE, was employed by the American revolutionary army to attack the British. It was built by David Bushnell at Saybrook, Connecticut, just a few miles from the present site of Electric Boat Division of the General Dynamics Corporation, and the U.S. Naval Submarine Base.
Harvey
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Stoops
Posted 2017-08-24 3:57 PM (#84811)
Master and Commander

Subject: Harvey

looks like Harvey will hit the Corpus Christie area as a cat 3 and then move slowly up the coast dumping humongous amounts of rain along the way.  Should not hit the Houston area until maybe Sunday or Monday.   Biggest worry for Houston is flooding, not so much the winds.  I think the surge levels here will only be 2-4 feet.  Terry will be in noo yawk until after the storm is gone, so I've provisioned the larder with single malts, beer, junk food, etc. and have stocked up on gasoline for the generators, ammo for the 12 ga. and we shoot looters signs.
Should be a fun weekend.  McNulty.....got an extra bed if you miss the Beaumont area. 

Edited by Stoops 2017-08-24 4:03 PM
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2017-08-24 4:17 PM (#84812 - in reply to #84811)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Harvey

Keep up with the single malt and beer and you  might meet Harvey the six foot rabbit. Hope you get to enjoy the storm and not suffer any ill effects. 
Ric
Posted 2017-08-24 7:33 PM (#84815 - in reply to #84811)

Plankowner

Talked with Stoops about an hour ago and he said about the same thing.
Keep yer powder dry!
Tom McNulty
Posted 2017-08-25 8:22 AM (#84823 - in reply to #84811)

Master and Commander

Thanks Dave, but I will decline. I remember all too often what happened in Beaumont during a storm when the power went out. The pumps down at High Island stopped and I had at least 3ft of water outside my apartment. No wading due to snakes that could send one to the happy hunting ground. I hope all you down in baja Cajun country have minimal problems. Be well.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2017-08-25 10:09 AM (#84826 - in reply to #84811)
COMSUBBBS

Houston is much like Charleston where a heavy rain at high tide causes flooding.
Ric
Posted 2017-08-25 10:12 AM (#84827 - in reply to #84826)

Plankowner

That is where high hills come in handy...
geno
Posted 2017-08-25 11:30 AM (#84828 - in reply to #84811)
Old Salt

My brother lives in Friendswood, works in Houston. My Mother lives in Pearland. Jeff has a huge ditch in front of his house. Both say they will probably ride it out and be locked in until Tuesday due to flooding of surrounding neighborhoods. But both also say it all depends on what happens once it hit land. Head east - on sweat; back out to see - Houston could be next; stay ashore - we'll find out. I wish any there luck. Keep the oars handy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software