Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
The Queen joins the fleet
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

fortyrod
Posted 2017-11-19 4:51 AM (#86683)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: The Queen joins the fleet

http://www.janes.com/article/75777/queen-elizabeth-to-formally-join-fleet

"Open-source AIS transponder tracks indicate that the carrier operated around Land’s End and the north coast of Cornwall during the first two weeks of the trials." This baffles me. An open source can track allied warships. Educate me please, so if this is correct then can a news media station tell where any warship is, or is this something for sea trials? I'm so confused (as usual).

Edited by fortyrod 2017-11-19 5:31 AM
Pedro
Posted 2017-11-19 8:08 AM (#86687 - in reply to #86683)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: The Queen joins the fleet

There is always a lot of promotional PR connected with initial sea trials etc by both the builders and the Royal Navy. I suspect that the area in which she was conducting her final sea trials would have been openly disclosed to the media. Once signed off and officially handed over to the Navy, her movements will be strictly classified and protected accordingly from any civilian/media electronic sources.

Pedro
rover177
Posted 2017-11-21 10:54 AM (#86718 - in reply to #86683)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: The Queen joins the fleet

Until the ship is commissioned, apart from launch day, the White Ensign is not displayed. Still owned by the builder, a red duster is flown to identify registration nationality. Ergo, movements are not classified.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software