Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "He is the Submarine Sailor who served in silence, but in his silence, has heard the laughter of future generations.” -- Glenn Harris
Update #15
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Ric
Posted 2018-04-02 11:05 AM (#88040)

Plankowner

Subject: Update #15

Years ago my friend, the late Rick Larson, out of the blue sent me 3 boxes of submarine photos from his collection to scan for the web page. We had been working together for number of years. If he was bidding on a photo I wouldn't and visa versa. If he won He'd scan it and send me the scan. This worked well until ebay began hiding bidders logins.

Many, most, images I have placed on the page years ago. Going though his archive I have, for some reason or another, not placed them all on PigBoats. Discovering this I have chosen these two to add to the C-Boat page showing the 5 subs in the lock.

The Panama Canal opened in July 1914 for business. In March/April of that year the Navy used the Locks as a dry dock to clean and prepare a number of vessels sent there to defend the locks. Included were the 5 small C-Class submarines forming the first submarine division stationed there. In 1914 war was breaking out in Europe and defense of the canal was top priority.

Enjoy!!

http://pigboats.com/

geno
Posted 2018-04-02 3:57 PM (#88043 - in reply to #88040)
Old Salt

Subject: RE: Update #15

OK, Ric, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I was a torpedoman ya know. But, and please indulge me if I'm the only one that doesn't know, but where does all this hard work and dedication go when the good Lord calls you home? Is there a pre-planned place for this research, caring, time, energy. dedication, documentation etc. Just asking. Bigger job than I could handle and BZ on your updates.
Ric
Posted 2018-04-02 6:51 PM (#88044 - in reply to #88043)

Plankowner

Subject: RE: Update #15

My cohort in all this is Dave Johnston. He's a mere kid at only 50!! Rick Larson was also in on the early days of PigBoats but took sick with cancer and has passed on.
I have asked Dave if he was willing to take on PigBoats and all its assets when I get flushed through the big GDU. He said Yes!
So, I'm feeling easy about this.
Things and paperwork is in order.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software