Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Without courage, you might as well not be in it. You’ve got to have courage--moral courage, physical courage--and honor. Honor means telling the truth even when it might not be to your advantage" Retired Capt. Charles W. Rush Jr. (85), Navy Cross recipient, when asked to give advice to Chiefs and Junior Officers in today's submarine service.
National POW/MIA Recognition Day - 9/21/07
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Jim M.
Posted 2007-09-21 8:50 AM (#7715)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: National POW/MIA Recognition Day - 9/21/07

Remember those who have not come home yet..

Today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day

CWO Luis G. Holguin, USA
61st Assault Helicopter Company, 1st Aviation Brigade
Republic of South Vietnam
Date MIA - 1/3/71

TO REMEMBER

(092107pow-mia-rcog.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 092107pow-mia-rcog.jpg (72KB - 1053 downloads)
Skii
Posted 2007-09-21 9:37 AM (#7718 - in reply to #7715)

Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: National POW/MIA Recognition Day - 9/21/07

Thanks for the reminder -- lowered my flag to half mast since it is one of the days you do that -- it will remain so until tomorrow morning ---Hope everyone in my community does the same and all in the
submarine community goes out and lowers them. It is 7:30 AM in Arizona so beat the 8:00 start time.

Appreciate the reminder

Ski
Roy Ator
Posted 2007-09-21 9:51 AM (#7719 - in reply to #7718)

Great Sage of the Sea

Half staff? I think not.

National POW/MIA Recognition Day, 2007
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

America has been blessed by the brave men and women of our ArmedForces who have answered the call to defend our country and protectliberty around the world. On National POW/MIA Recognition Day, we honora special group of patriots: those who have been prisoners of war andthose who are still missing in action. We remain forever in their debt,and we renew our commitment to them and to their families never to restuntil we have accounted for every missing service member.

To commemorate this day, the National League of Families POW/MIAflag is flown over the White House, the Capitol, the Vietnam VeteransMemorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the World War II Memorial,and other locations across our country. This flag is an enduring symbolthat reflects our solemn commitment to our courageous service memberswho have been imprisoned while serving in conflicts around the world andto those who remain missing. America will always remember these heroes,and we underscore our pledge to achieve the fullest possible accountingfor every missing member of our Armed Forces.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United Statesof America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitutionand laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 21,2007, as National POW/MIA Recognition Day. I call upon the people ofthe United States to join me in honoring and remembering all formerAmerican prisoners of war and those missing in action who valiantlyserved our great country. I also call upon Federal, State, and localgovernment officials and private organizations to observe this day withappropriate ceremonies and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth dayof September, in the year of our Lord two thousand seven, and of theIndependence of the United States of America the two hundred andthirty-second.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Bob Melley
Posted 2007-09-21 1:31 PM (#7724 - in reply to #7715)
Old Salt

Roy:
Amen to that......thanks for posting GWB message...
tincanman
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software