Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: “What wordy praise can one give such men as these; men who … follow unhesitatingly when in the vicinity of minefields so long as there is the possibility of targets … Men who flinch not with the fathometer ticking off two fathoms beneath the keel … Men who will fight to the last bullet and then start throwing the empty shell cases. These are submariners.” - Eugene Fluckey in his final war patrol report aboard USS Barb
prayers again needed
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

PEP
Posted 2007-10-02 3:48 PM (#7959)

Senior Crew

Subject: prayers again needed

They say with each hurdle God puts in front of us to overcome with his help, builds upon your faith and strengthen's your walk with Christ. It just seems that it never gets any easier as each hurdle seems bigger than the one before.
Two weeks ago my Angel Clystie had a mild stroke, no damage this time but a big warning. She goes into St Joe.s tomorrow for an angioplasti, and depending on their findings a couple of things could be in the works such as , by-pass, a shunt installed and I can't remember the other possibility but just the same knowing that so many of my brothern are behind me AND Clystie helps to know that so many others are talking to our God.
I told my father just before he passed away in 97 that what harm would it do you to say a little prayer and ask God for forgivness. If you're right about there being a God and all then look at the benefits of just a small gesture and if you wrong, who cares, nothing lost or gained. My father being such a hardcore type especially after what he had to endure during WWII as a combat medic was hardcore to the very end. I never did know if he took my advice or not, hopefully he did so we will all be united once again once our usefulness is over here on earth. Faith is a hard thing to have about many unknowns in our lives but Having gone thru what I did 2 years ago the 25th of Sept 05, just a few years earlier I would surely not be here right now. Bar none it was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure and was my beginning of a new way of life. I don't mean I can't reminince about my days of being around 21yrs old and being invincable while riding an old diesel boat cuzz it was one if not the most educational happening in my life which in turn helped form who and what I was gonna be like in my remaining years.
(when I am nervious I tend to talk more than I should) all I'm saying is to please remember Clystie in your prayers tonight. She's scared s---less and understandably.
guess thats it...
PEP
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2007-10-02 4:27 PM (#7960 - in reply to #7959)

Master and Commander

Subject: RE: prayers again needed

My love and best wishes to Clystie, and yourself, are on the way mate.

Blue *_*
John Bay
Posted 2007-10-02 4:42 PM (#7961 - in reply to #7959)
Old Salt

We're here for you both, PEP.

John & Heather
RCK
Posted 2007-10-02 5:15 PM (#7962 - in reply to #7959)
Master and Commander

Faith in God can heal our fears. When fear is defeated our body and soul are at peace I pray that Crystie finds that peace and recovers.
Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-10-02 5:21 PM (#7963 - in reply to #7959)
COMSUBBBS

PEP, you are so right. Prayer works! It may not work the way we want it to as in my most recent tragic experience, so we must rely on our faith in God knowing what is best. It appears that Clystie is a strong individual so she ought to have no problem with the procedure. Angioplasti is a common everyday thing with the Doctors these day, and placing shunts is a common practice too. Clystie will be up and about in a couple of days ready to run you around the block.
Give her a big hug from all of us and hold her hand as she has done yours.
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-02 8:41 PM (#7972 - in reply to #7959)

COMSUBBBS

Hi PEP,

Please know that Clystie is in our thoughts and prayers, as you are...and hope all goes well for her.

Patti & John Lynn
Corabelle
Posted 2007-10-02 9:46 PM (#7973 - in reply to #7959)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: For one of my knights in shining armor -

- you've got it, my friend!!

Cora
PatH
Posted 2007-10-02 9:58 PM (#7974 - in reply to #7959)

Great Sage of the Sea

Best wishes to you both, PEP and I hope all goes well with Clystie.
Skii
Posted 2007-10-02 11:09 PM (#7975 - in reply to #7959)

Great Sage of the Sea

Sometimes strangers strength are another's comfort - I have put your Angel Clystie in my prayer
bank and only hope they are a comfort to you in this your hour of need. "May Your Friends
Be Your Comfort And Strength".

Dick Jarenski
USS STERLET ASSN SECY
VCDR WHITE MOUNTAIN BASE USSVI
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-10-03 7:22 AM (#7981 - in reply to #7959)

Admin

PEP, I don't think anyone of us have seen anyone stand more tall by their loved one that Clytie did during your most trying days. She's awesome in every respect. When she's through this and rested.... low fat diet, a good cholesterol drug and exercise. Even though I had to have the bypass, I was extremely lucky too by not suffering any permanent damage. Since then, my "numbers" have been kept in the ideal zone - she can do it easily, I guarantee!

Best to you both as always...
Pig
Posted 2007-10-03 9:37 AM (#7984 - in reply to #7959)
Plankowner

Thanks for the testimony PEP... let me add a big AMEN. Know that you and Clystie are in our prayers.
PEP
Posted 2007-10-05 4:57 PM (#8025 - in reply to #7959)

Senior Crew

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update but with dealing with my 82yr old mother with a broken wrist and Clystie and I haven't felt too hot either the past few days I appologize to you all.
Clystie came thru with flying colors. The good news is her heart isn't the problem. The bad news is we're back to square one. The doctors have not a clue what is causing her balance to go wacko with no indication that it's coming and her energy level is lower than mine if thats possible. At least I know why I have little energy except for spurts. Next week she see's a neourologist for some more tests.
I (WE) thank you all for all the prayers and thoughts that I'm sure flooded the network whatever that means.
PEP & Clystie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software