Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: USS R-6 was fitted the first prototype US submarine snorkel at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in the closing months of the European part of WW II in April / May 1945 and successfully tested it off Fort Lauderdale, Fl. as the war against Japan ended in August 1945. The snorkel was removed from the USS R-6 and she was decommissioned and scrapped in September 1945.
45 years ago, last Monday....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

TSpoon
Posted 2007-10-25 11:40 AM (#8486)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: 45 years ago, last Monday....

Damn, we almost let it slip by with out a mention.

Little did I know that day that I would not be celebrating my 19 birthday in sunny Key West.

T.Spoon, DBF
TSpoon
Posted 2007-10-25 5:19 PM (#8495 - in reply to #8486)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: 45 years ago, last Monday....

geno,
Thanks for the well wishes but, I was born 6 Nov 1943.

45 years ago last Monday, Oct 22, was a different sort of day that made us leave Key West in a hurry.

T.Spoon, DBF
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-25 7:45 PM (#8510 - in reply to #8486)

COMSUBBBS

Happy "Belated" Birthday, Tim...and you too, Geno...I, too, had a b'day this month...got one year on ya, Geno...but who's
counting...I am... and I am happy I have "survived" this long...and am taking every day that I can as a blessing from the "Big Guy" upstairs.

Being one of the lucky ones who made the Cruise & then spending time in the Great Northwest had a lot to do with it, too.
I have not had the opportunity to spend this much time with my husband in the last 3 years...and being surrounded by
wonderful friends didn't detract from our down time. It was a chance for us to catch up...on many, many things. To
make some "life affirming" decisions for the future. His "outlook" on life had a major overhaul...and it was infectious...

My hubby is facing some medical issues in the next couple of weeks...one is scheduled for the Wednesday, Halloween...
fun day to have surgery, huh! He is to have his gall bladder out...relatively easy...but not if you are the size of my
hubby. This could be a determining factor in a lot of medical issues he has had recently...least of which is a recurring
bout kidney stones...and now the reason for gall bladder removal...several "iddy biddy" ones, but one the size of a golf
ball. So, with this surgery & a few other medical items on our plate, I get down on my hands and knees every night and
thank the Good Lord for giving me one more day, every day, to wake up and see the world around me...and know that
I will be around to help my dear "Garry" face whatever it is before him. So, this is why I "count" each day as a sign that
I am to be here on this Earth...at least for a little while longer.

I have been blessed with a wonderful family, despite their imperfections...and that family includes "this brotherhood"...
for some strange reason, God has let me be a part of it all...and to this I say "Thank You"...for you are "all" family in
my eyes...and to be a part of it...I just say...CAN IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Thank you, Dear Friends.

(100_2112A.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_2112A.jpg (22KB - 983 downloads)
TSpoon
Posted 2007-10-25 9:13 PM (#8515 - in reply to #8486)
Great Sage of the Sea

Thank you for the birthday wishes Miss Bumps but you are not late. My birthday is next month on the 6th, the same day the Pampanito was commissioned and the same year.

Last monday, 22 Oct is famous for another reason.

You and your family will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery and good news.

You are always very welcome aboard the bbs and I enjoy your postings. Just wish I could have gone on the cruise.

Take care,
T.Spoon, DBF
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software