Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: A submarine, the TURTLE, was employed by the American revolutionary army to attack the British. It was built by David Bushnell at Saybrook, Connecticut, just a few miles from the present site of Electric Boat Division of the General Dynamics Corporation, and the U.S. Naval Submarine Base.
When I was growing up as a young lad....
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Blue from West Oz
Posted 2007-10-25 7:22 PM (#8503)

Master and Commander

Subject: When I was growing up as a young lad....

...my elders taught me to respect my elders and women.

Was that only taught in England?

From what I have seen of late, it obviously was.

Shame on SOME of you.

Put in simpler terms, if something/someone annoys you, don't read their comments.....actually, that advice is something Dex preaches also when people get upset about his comments..

In the past there has been 'outrage' from some people due to the coloUrful language sometimes used by posters, because, "my wife shouldn't have to read that foul language".

My thoughts are really that if you are in a room full of sailors then be accepting of that language and if your not, then don't come here or read it.

Now I am sure having met both of them, and they are BOTH decent people, Dex and Cora can just agree to disagree with one anothers veiwpoints and not read their posts without anyone calling up arms to fight their battles for them.

For those that have made comments about Cora shouldn't be here, then please write to Don, our Host and let hin know how YOU feel. Oh BTW, they are friends, so your letter will be well recieved, "NOT"

Sigh, if this is what getting old is all about.......

Blue...the young one. *_*
PEP
Posted 2007-10-25 7:36 PM (#8506 - in reply to #8503)

Senior Crew

Subject: RE: When I was growing up as a young lad....

Sigh, if this is what getting old is all about.......

Blue not even close! My days are spent wondering or hoping my bowel's will do it's thing, What can I eat that won't get stuck in my throat and make me go into my fish outta water routine and reading all the different posts of several BBS's and picking my fights very carefully because I just don't want to blow a gasket because of somthing stupid that I have no control over to begin with and isn't of national security.
Thats what getting old is all about for me anyway.
Cheers Blue
PEP
TSpoon
Posted 2007-10-25 7:41 PM (#8508 - in reply to #8503)
Great Sage of the Sea

Subject: RE: When I was growing up as a young lad....

Yes Blue, they do teach us here in the colonies that is the proper thing. But it is also an 'Earned' respect. Much like having a butt hole officer above you, you respect the uniform not the man.

Also being a boat sailor meant defending your shipmates in bar room brawls, police raids, irate bar maids, and from inquisitive wives. The key word is defending your Brotherhood of the 'Phin brothers from pushy, arrogant civilians.

T.Spoon, DBF

just defending my Brotherhood of the 'Phin brother docents from pushy, arrogant civilians
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software