Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "Submariners are a special brotherhood, either all come to the surface or no one does. On a submarine, the phrase all for one and one for all is not just a slogan, but reality.” -- VADM Rudolf Golosov of the Russian Navy
Do You Believe In Ghosts?/NSR
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

RCK
Posted 2007-10-26 12:08 PM (#8540)
Master and Commander

Subject: Do You Believe In Ghosts?/NSR

Saw a article on MSN that said one in three people believe in Ghosts and claim to have seen them. So I ask the question.... Has anyone on the board had an experience with the supernatural?
Ralph Luther
Posted 2007-10-26 12:45 PM (#8543 - in reply to #8540)
COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: Do You Believe In Ghosts?/NSR

A friend of mine that was killed in a robbery attempt "visited" me a few times shortly after he was killed. When the guys that killed him were caught, judged and sentenced he hasn't been back. During his "visits" nothing was said between us. he was in a rocking chair on our porch and I was in mine just rocking and watching the deer out in the field.
Corabelle
Posted 2007-10-26 1:45 PM (#8547 - in reply to #8540)

COMSUBBBS

Yes, Ralph - They mostly just appear, but don't say anything. However, I received a message from my son after he died. No, I didn't hear a voice, I just received a message. There was no Medium involved. It was broad daylight (how come daylight is always 'broad'?); I was wide awake; and in fact was driving the car.

My granddaughter saw her grandfather (my husband) shortly after he died. He appeared,, just as you said, to her in a doorway.

When she was telling me about it, she said that she woke up from a sound sleep and "a man" was standing in the bedroom door looking at her. I asked her if she knew who it was, and she replied, "Grandpa." She was 12 years old at the time.

This was so fitting, because she was so very special to him. She was our first grandchild, and our only granddaughter. In every picture that was ever taken, that the two of them were in, he was either holding her, or holding her hand.

He came to me, too, but that's another whole story.

Elmer told me many times that he would wake up, and his deceased wife was standing at the foot of the bed looking at him. She never said anything either.

One of our first ministers told me that there is not much space between the two worlds, but the reason we mostly can't commicate with our lost loved ones is that we are too engrossed in the daily mundane things of this world.

As time goes by, these people appear less and less often.

Cora

Lee Davenport
Posted 2007-10-26 5:57 PM (#8561 - in reply to #8540)
Crew

Ghosts, no I don't believe in them, however I will relate a story that seems to prove there are such things.... My wife was raised in a house that was over 250 years old. Once when our oldest son was about 3 YOA, his grandmother(my wifes mother) was baby sitting him. She had to go to the bathroom, and left the door open so she could monitor what mischief our little one was getting into... He came to the bathroom door and told her she needed to close the door, because the old man could see her.. She immediately rushed out to see what man was there. Well, there was no one, but the grandson insisted that there had been an old man with white hair and beard there. Several years later, just about the same thing happened, except it was a granddaughter, who had never met our son, who came to grand ma and told her there was an old man upstairs... Also, many of the old New England homes, had doors on the stairwells, to keep cold air from coming down stairs and heat from escaping up the stairs. My wife's parents decided to do some remodeling. They had a new, open stairway put in to go up stairs, and removed the old one. However, the carpenters had not floored over the stairwell, and so had nailed the doors closed at both the top and bottom of the stairs. One carpenter was working at a window by the stairwell door when the door opened. The carpenter said an old man with white hair and beard came out the door and went out through the kitchen and out side. The carpenter gathered up all his tools, left and never came back... The nails were still sticking through the door, and the holes were still in the door facing, where they had been driven in...Since the "ghost" left, there has never been any report of anyone seeing him..My wife's sister still lives in the house...
PEP
Posted 2007-10-27 12:18 AM (#8569 - in reply to #8540)

Senior Crew

Does an EX-wife count? I think she could leap over tall buildings and she sure stopped me in my tracks even when I out weighed her by over 100lbs! cLOSE as I;ve ever come.
PEP
PEP
Posted 2007-10-27 12:18 AM (#8570 - in reply to #8540)

Senior Crew

Does an EX-wife count? I think she could leap over tall buildings and she sure stopped me in my tracks even when I out weighed her by over 100lbs! cLOSE as I;ve ever come.
PEP
miss lumpy bumps
Posted 2007-10-27 10:55 PM (#8603 - in reply to #8540)

COMSUBBBS

Since 1999, I have frequent visits to my home by my Dad. I know that he has been there, when I find "all" my kitchen cabinet doors open...his favorite mug, which is kept in my china closet in the dining room is sitting out on the dining room table...and
I find that the my NY Giants clock is upside down...and I knew it was my Dad that did it, because he was a "die-hard" NY
Giants fan...and this is how he tells me he thinks their playing has really been bad. It happened all during the pre-season...
and then when they lost the first game of the season...so you tell me!!!
TSpoon
Posted 2007-10-27 11:21 PM (#8604 - in reply to #8540)
Great Sage of the Sea

An old posting from Ole Goats board a number of yeras back talked about this very subject.

Seems a Submarine Veteran got out of the service and went to college on the GI Bill. He was sitting way up in the back in a lecture hall listening to one of those liberal professors give a talk on the 'Parallel Dimension' or the other side. He asked if any one believed in ghosts and about half the class raised their hands. He then went on and asked the next quesiton , "Did any one ever have sex with a ghost?". He was surprised when the Sub Vet raised his hand.

Now the professor had asked this this question each year and never had a positive response to it. He again asked the question, "Did any one ever have sex with a ghost?", to be sure they all understood it. Again the Sub Vet raised his hand.

The professor was elated to have seemingly finally had a positive answer to his question. He wanted to explore it more so he invited the Sub Vet to come down to the front of the lecture hall. The Sub Vet did.

The prof welcomed him with open arms and asked him to relate his experience of having sex with a ghost for the whole class.

The Sub Vet hearing the quesiton up close said, "Aw, shucks, I thought you said Sex with a goat".
=========

Now headed deep...............

T.Spoon, DBF
JrKrup, Skimmer
Posted 2007-10-28 11:05 AM (#8622 - in reply to #8604)

Master and Commander

I don't specifically BELIEVE in ghosts, spectres, or things that go bump in the night, but, ...

There is the great question about what happens to us after we die. Where do we go, what do we do, or is there simply an end, with a yawning gulf of nothingness. Is there a heaven and hell, or the blackness of zero. I can't answer that. No one can.

But, ...

Occassionally, when the light is just right, when I am tired enough, or not tired at all, when all is quiet, when I'm sitting watching television, when I'm reading, ... out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of one of my dogs wandering through the house. One of the dogs that died a long time ago. I presently have a "palomino" colored greyhound, but I see my doberman, my brittany, or one of my other two greyhounds that have "crossed over the rainbow bridge."

It's odd that I don't see any human figures of deceased family, only the dogs, and, oddly enough, never the cats.
RCK
Posted 2007-10-28 12:05 PM (#8623 - in reply to #8540)
Master and Commander

I have never seen a ghost of any kind. Once, a few months after my father died ,I was laying in bed and the phone rang. There was alot of static popping and cracking over the line. The only time it ever happened. I said Hello, Hello, when a distant gruff male voice said "Bud" "Bud". Since I couldn't get a respose, I hung up thinking that they would call back when I realized that only family members ever called me "Bud" They never called back and I was left to wonder.....was that my deceased father trying to send me a message from beyond?? Well, if it was.....here's to you Dad
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2007-10-28 2:56 PM (#8626 - in reply to #8540)

Master and Commander

approx 3 days after my Mum died, my uncle and myself were in his car trying to find somehwere in Liverpool, England. We stopped to ask for directions and this woman was almost a twin for my Mum, it unsettled the two of us.

Last Novemeber, once again, approx 3 days after my Granma passed away, I am sure I saw my Gran being wheelchaired on TV for a commercial about a park up where she used to live.

Not sure they were ghosts, not saying they came back to life 3 days after their deaths like someone else is alleged to have, but I will always remember these two experiences!

Blue *_
Smiley
Posted 2007-10-30 6:20 AM (#8696 - in reply to #8540)
Great Sage of the Sea

"I see dead people" Hell work where I work... Everyone I work with is brain dead... including me....

Seriously yes I have seen some strange things in a Cemetery I worked in right after I EAOSed.. I dug graves for the Archdiocese Cemetery Assoc for a year part time while going to School after my tour.. I am a believer in ghosts for sure and later I'll post a few scary stories for the Holiday... Boo!
Smiley
Posted 2007-10-30 8:25 AM (#8702 - in reply to #8622)
Great Sage of the Sea

JrKrup, Skimmer - 2007-10-28 12:05 PM

I don't specifically BELIEVE in ghosts, spectres, or things that go bump in the night, but, ...

There is the great question about what happens to us after we die. Where do we go, what do we do, or is there simply an end, with a yawning gulf of nothingness. Is there a heaven and hell, or the blackness of zero. I can't answer that. No one can.

But, ...

Occassionally, when the light is just right, when I am tired enough, or not tired at all, when all is quiet, when I'm sitting watching television, when I'm reading, ... out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of one of my dogs wandering through the house. One of the dogs that died a long time ago. I presently have a "palomino" colored greyhound, but I see my doberman, my brittany, or one of my other two greyhounds that have "crossed over the rainbow bridge."

It's odd that I don't see any human figures of deceased family, only the dogs, and, oddly enough, never the cats.

Maybe the dogs are scareing them away
Coyote
Posted 2007-10-30 8:35 PM (#8741 - in reply to #8540)

Master and Commander

I get recurring visions of my first submarine LPO.

But I guess that's not a ghost, it's a nightmare.

DBF
Coyote
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software