Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: NAUTILUS has long been touted as the first Nuclear powered submarine. In fact, she was the first nuclear powered "anything". Nothing that moves was ever propelled by nuclear power before NAUTILUS.
navy.togetherweserved.com
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

Phils
Posted 2007-10-31 9:12 AM (#8759)

Crew

Subject: navy.togetherweserved.com

I've gotten an email "inviting" me to join at navy.togetherweserved.com. Is this for real or a scam?

Phil
Phils
Posted 2007-10-31 11:02 AM (#8761 - in reply to #8759)

Crew

Subject: RE: navy.togetherweserved.com

Okay.... shoulda just Googled it before asking here. Legit site, wants $20 per year to be a member, big database, "sister" sites for marines and ones for the air force and army "coming soon". http://www.togetherweserved.com/ is slick and professional looking, as it should be for $20 per year per member.

All in all I see nothing I don't already get from submarinesailor.com since I don't have shipmates other than subvets. Thanks again, Don.

Phil
Don Gentry
Posted 2007-10-31 11:16 AM (#8762 - in reply to #8761)

Admin

They gave me a trial membership of a month (or so) and I was so inundated with emails asking me to join (full membership) and other stuff, I immediately lost interest.
MAD DOG
Posted 2007-10-31 3:09 PM (#8769 - in reply to #8759)

Master and Commander

I've been checking out that site ,posted profile,read & answered a couple of posts etc. for about a month now and have heard no mention of them asking for a membership fee.As you said,a slick site but not much for "sparkling"conversation.

Edited by MAD DOG 2007-10-31 3:11 PM
GaryKC
Posted 2007-11-01 2:32 PM (#8797 - in reply to #8759)

COMSUBBBS

I registered, and a month later joined. Either way, take a look at the profile of Kent Weekly, Senior Chief EM (SS) He has posted over 1200 patchs/pictures/history.
PatH
Posted 2007-11-01 3:20 PM (#8801 - in reply to #8759)

Great Sage of the Sea

I registered, no real interest to me as a boat sailor, never posted further and never joined.

In my opinion, the money is better spent (for non USSVI boat sailors) in joining USSVI, where there is a active and up to date member directory of over 12,000 bubbleheads, plus you get a terrific submariner specific magazine, AMERICAN SUBMARINER, which comes out quarterly, and if you join a local chapter as well, you get to practice your sea stories on a regular basis while rubbing elbows with some of America's finest.

Other excellent bubblehead (no cost) sites to register at include www.decklog.com and www.submarinesailor.com. Decklog, USSVI and NSL databases are linked together, because it is run by a bubblehead, Tim VeArd, also president of the Robert E Lee assn and chief technical officer of USSVI. USSVI & Decklog have those who served in the various boats all linked together. I only wish it were possible to link Don Gentry's valuable data as well because this kind of linkage has a multiplier effect in making the data more useful to us all.

www.ussvi.org
www.decklog.com
www.submarinesailor.com

Here is a tutorial that will help any USSVI member update his record online:
http://www.ussvi.us/Documents/Online_Manuals_Update_your_USSVI_Member_Record.pdf

Edited by PatH 2007-11-01 3:28 PM
Larry Smith
Posted 2007-11-02 3:21 PM (#8842 - in reply to #8762)

Senior Crew

I signed up and set up my page, and even found a few shipmates.  Then, my free period ended, and I can't even see anyone else's page.

Every now and then, I get another invite from someone who has just discovered the site.  I just send them a note telling them where to find my page, and tell them that I'm not allowed to go to their page.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software