Reunion Info
Books/Video
Binnacle List (offsite)
History
Boat Websites
Links
Bottom Gun BBS
Search | Statistics | User listing Forums | Calendars | Quotes |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At random: "... The Navy's best are found upon; The pigboats black and trim; For men must be of sturdy stuff; To sink and still to swim ..." part of a poem, author unknown
Dex, A "Chick Magnet"
Moderators:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
   Forums-> Submarine DiscussionMessage format

crystal
Posted 2007-11-01 8:24 AM (#8784)

Master and Commander

Subject: Dex, A "Chick Magnet"

(dudley.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dudley.jpg (50KB - 889 downloads)
Sewer Pipe Snipe
Posted 2007-11-01 1:50 PM (#8796 - in reply to #8784)
Master and Commander

Subject: RE: Dex, A "Chick Magnet"

Now every Quartermanster, living or dead will be hunting for your EM hide.  You know the believe themselves the Chick magnets of the fleet. Be it a mare, cow or yew. I'd find a layer fast if I were you.
GaryKC
Posted 2007-11-01 2:34 PM (#8798 - in reply to #8784)

COMSUBBBS

Yes, that's true.
RCK
Posted 2007-11-01 4:00 PM (#8803 - in reply to #8784)
Master and Commander

News Interviewer: Madam, IS Dex A Good Lover???

Interviewee: BAAAAAAA!!!

News Interviewer: Is that an yes or a no???
dex armstrong
Posted 2007-11-01 4:18 PM (#8805 - in reply to #8784)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: He found his Solveig

Old Dex must have had some kind of attraction. He fell in love with and brought home one of the loveliest most wonderful blue eyed blondes God ever created. (We were married in the Cathedral of Hedmark at Hamar Norway in July of 65....The marriage lasted 40+ years and resulted in daughters Maj. Kristine M. Armstrong USA(ret) and Catherine A. Harlow, wife of Maj. John Porter Harlow USMC and mother of Andrew, Grace and Calvin aka Bulldozer.) The wonderful magnet lost its' earthly pull the night of 13 December 2005, when she closed her eyes in eternal sleep. I would deeply appreciate no snide comment by Cora and Vic. DEX
PatH
Posted 2007-11-01 5:43 PM (#8810 - in reply to #8784)

Great Sage of the Sea

Loosing a soul mate leaves a hole in the heart that never heals, no matter how one moves on in life. You get through the loss, but never over it. R.I.P Solveig. You were both very blessed to be able to share a life together.
Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-01 5:53 PM (#8813 - in reply to #8805)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: RE: He found his Solveig

Dex - I have never thought that there was anything "snide" or the least bit funny about losing the love of your life, and is, in no way, a joking matter. I, too, walked that walk more than 23 years ago. We were married 35 years before his death from a heart attack five weeks after undergoing surgery for a brain tumor. He spends a great deal of time on my mind. He wore two uniforms; that of an Army Airman, and then of a Police Officer.

We had three children: Cathy who is an RT (R), and is married to an ex-Marine; Brett, who God loaned to us for a brief 3 years, 11 months, and 24 days, and Troy who is a MTT, and is married to my favorite daughter-in-law. I have 4 grandhcildren, and 3 "greats," the youngest of which are 20 month old twins (boy and girl). The former Marine is pretty special, too.

There are no really smooth walks through this life. Yes, I have a sense of humor, but I believe that some things are simply not funny, and should be out-of-bounds for warped jokes.

I'm unsure why this thread was started. or what it means.

Cora

Edited by Corabelle 2007-11-01 5:56 PM
crystal
Posted 2007-11-01 6:02 PM (#8814 - in reply to #8784)

Master and Commander

Subject: Because Dear Cora - - -

Because Dear Cora - it's known as tongue in cheek - humor - you know that "funny stuff"  I brought up Dex, he brought up Solvieg and now "lo and behold" we don't know why I posted this - jeeez - smile!! 

Corabelle
Posted 2007-11-01 6:24 PM (#8817 - in reply to #8784)

COMSUBBBS

Subject: I'm smiling!

Twice

Three times.

Cora
Blue from West Oz
Posted 2007-11-02 4:32 AM (#8825 - in reply to #8784)

Master and Commander

vicC - 2007-11-02 5:03 AM

DEX was a real chick magnet, girls used to fight over him....YOU TAKE HIM!!, NO! YOU TAKE HIM!, NO! YOU TAKE HIM! and on and on!!!

ha ha ha....now that WAS funny Vic.

Blue *_*
dex armstrong
Posted 2007-11-02 11:05 AM (#8835 - in reply to #8784)

COMSUBBBS

Vic, Your filth and vicious attacks on her political belief drove her from the board in her last days. Your mad dog comments shut down Ray's board according to Ray. She grew up under the Nazi gestapo era in Norway and your "You'll be screeming my name" trash sickened her. Her home town had a gestapo museum where several fine Norwegians died screeming the names of their loved ones. She did not share a favorable opinion of you...I can assure you of that. She found you a repulsive, garbage mouth who made her sad....an opinion shared by both daughters. One of whom made the comment,"This Vic character exhibits the worst traits of supposed military man. I'm glad he never showed up under my command." You wouldn't have lasted under her form of leadership. The WWII executive officer of an American Naval hero once e-mailed me. "What in the hell is wrong with Ray...He was a Chief...Why in the hell does he put up with these idiots Vic and Cosmo?" Several days later Ray shut down hisw board. Thanks Vic...for all you do. DEX
PEP
Posted 2007-11-02 1:47 PM (#8838 - in reply to #8835)

Senior Crew

WHOA there me Lad. . . . your last post sure reeks of calling the kettle black. You wanted your post to be whats the word , Solume, like in church, and I saw no harm in Vic's post PRIOR to your post of your loss of your lovely wife of 40yrs. You chose to get on the attack anyway even after your request that there not be any of that. Dex, just to refresh your memory a bit, you have attacked a whole lot of people who post here because something was said that you took wrong and even when thried to explain that the post wasn't ment to belittle any of your family but that never stopped you from attacking fathers, grandfathers, posters who were doing what most submariners do best, to ping on anyone with skin thinner than most. I could name several but nothing positive would come of it so it's not worth doing in my book. You've made people gunshy about commenting on some of your posts for fear that a s**tstorm would erupt and that could/would possibly end another BBS. Buddy this comes from my heart, the only way I know because I've never been very good at reading between the lines so tell me/us what positive did you accomplish by expressing your opinion of Vic and Cosmos? And as a sidenote, can you say anything that I've posted here is an untruth?
I wish you would respond to this but I seriously doubt that will happen. I thought you were big enough to see how attacking Cora's looks didn't accomplished anything positive but again I was wrong in my assumptions.
Everyone I think I speak for everyone anyway that we all felt for your loss. It hurts my heart to see a shipmate go thru what you did but you're not alone. When I see a post from Vic I can't help but to think of his lovely wife having gone thru Chemo therapy as I did and I thank my God that she came thru with flying colors whereas I had a different type of cancer that the side effects will be with me until the day I die. Just the hand that I was dealt. I don't take it out on anyone just because it makes me angry every time I hear the word CANCER but thats life, some not so good, some terrible and some not so terrible.
Time to ponder Dex. God has granted each of us just so many minutes physically on this earth and when you go all that you will be remembered by was your actions towards our brothers and sisters in this case our submarine community.
God bless our brothers of the Phin and their others.......Amen
PEP
SOB490
Posted 2007-11-02 2:43 PM (#8839 - in reply to #8838)

Old Salt

I'll say it again - if Don pulls the plug here for the second time, my guess is that it will be for good. That is what he told us all when he finally reopened this sandbox after pulling the plug the first time and I take that as a fair warning. If that happens, I'm going to be pretty pissed off that some folks refuse to play nicely with others and ruin it for the rest of us.

The "old" BBS formats gave you a chance to see who the poster was before opening the thread - and, as RANKOON often said, you don't have to open it ... I guess this new format doesn't allow that - once the thread is open, it is all there to be seen. So the choices available to us for skipping posts by any individual are limited to one -- there ain't any. Thus, there is no way to be forewarned.

So - just a gentle suggestion - if some of you want to continue crapping in each other's flathats, please take it to E-mail and get it off Don Gentry's BBS. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I enjoy coming here, reading the posts, and chiming in every so often - I think there are a lot of us out here with the same objective in mind.
RCK
Posted 2007-11-02 2:48 PM (#8841 - in reply to #8784)
Master and Commander

I agree with SOB....... Hey that rhymes!!!
whalen
Posted 2007-11-02 4:18 PM (#8843 - in reply to #8839)

Great Sage of the Sea

SOB490 - 2007-11-02 3:43 PM  I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I enjoy coming here, reading the posts, and chiming in every so often - I think there are a lot of us out here with the same objective in mind.
[here I hit the enter key]

Yep,  just like the mess deck.  80% of the BS was raised by 20% of the residents.  The others of us would sit in the peanut gallery and watch -- sometimes throwing in some ammunition for those losing the battle of wits.  Mostly we sat and watched. [here I hit the enter key]

Usually these mess deck sh!t slinging battles ended when one (maybe both) of the participants looked around and saw the audience.  And the look on their face was:  embarassment, shame, goofiness, "ah sh!t", or whatever.  They knew they were there for the amusement of the rest of us.  They made themselves foolish -- and we loved it! [here I hit the enter key]

THEN, one or both went on watch, or hit the rack.  Four to six hours later, it was all over.  They learned a lesson.  BUT, sometimes one or both was "easy to trip", and the spectators could see the same old thing happen again.  Usually everyone was tired of it after once or twice.  [here I hit the enter key]

(NOTE TO DEX, CORA, et. al.:  WE'RE TIRED OF IT.) [here I hit the enter key]

What gets me, is the "my dog's bigger than your dog" stuff that gets trotted out every time.  Sheesh, how often do we gotta hear it? [here I hit the enter key]

(Watch me get attacked for this.  Can you say ad hominem?) [here I hit the enter key again]

SOB490
Posted 2007-11-02 4:30 PM (#8844 - in reply to #8843)

Old Salt

>>>Can you say ad hominem?

Wazzat, Bill? A chant one hears in a Gregorian Chapel - or a San Francisco love call? I get confused in my old age. You erudites always manage to dazzle me!

Anyway, here's to you ...

Edited by SOB490 2007-11-02 4:32 PM
Donald L. Johnson
Posted 2007-11-02 10:21 PM (#8863 - in reply to #8839)

Great Sage of the Sea

SOB490 - 2007-11-02 12:43 PM

The "old" BBS formats gave you a chance to see who the poster was before opening the thread - and, as RANKOON often said, you don't have to open it ... I guess this new format doesn't allow that - once the thread is open, it is all there to be seen. So the choices available to us for skipping posts by any individual are limited to one -- there ain't any. Thus, there is no way to be forewarned.

Yes, you can, if you use the "Threaded" format option. Every post in the thread is listed by Subject, Date/Time posted, and poster, and nested so immediate responses are grouped with the message they reply to.

That's how I decide what to read, what not to read, and if I need to engage my safeties and break out a 5# bag of salt before opening certain shiomate's messages.

SOB490
Posted 2007-11-02 11:16 PM (#8864 - in reply to #8863)

Old Salt

>>>Yes, you can, if you use the "Threaded" format option.

Well, from one grey-bearded old fart to another, thanks Don for that info - I'll shift over to the threaded format so I can do exactly the same thing! Now, where is that dratted format button, anyway, lessee here, hmmm...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software v2.0
© 2003 PD9 Software